The pallet update is so frustrating

I know this will probably get downvoted because it's a killer complaint and the update is overall killer sided but the new pallets in macmillan mainly but other maps too are so frustrating for lower tier killers. I was playing as myers and this survivor dropped 3 pallets in less than 15s against my myers.

Pale rose had a tile with 2 vaults and 2 pallets, this is something i have never seen as a 2021 player.

It makes me feel like i should exclusively play krasue because she barely cares about any pallet. But i don't want to play Krasue, i want to actually play killers where pallets mean something. But it doesn't feel like the game is balanced like that anymore.

It's making me so tilted, i just wish bhvr would stop rewarding ######### designed killers, it's driving me insane.

Comments

  • Do you not realize what's happening? New killer that vaults pallets is super busted and has little to no counter play!!

    Damnit this isn't enough incentive!! Wait!! Let's add a bunch of pallets to worsen the experience of the killers people want to play!! That way they will buy our new killer!!!

    High fives all around.

  • @BbQz said:

    Do you not realize what's happening? New killer that vaults pallets is super busted and has little to no counter play!!

    Damnit this isn't enough incentive!! Wait!! Let's add a bunch of pallets to worsen the experience of the killers people want to play!! That way they will buy our new killer!!!

    High fives all around.

    I have thought about this as a possibility but it would be so despair inducing.

    I prefer to think they just went with a far too simple approach to addressing dead zone complaints. That's how i felt about the anti-tunnelling changes as well. They call both of these "Quality of Life" as well.

    But honestly you are probably correct especially considering how much of a failure doomed course was, they definitely have the people that would make this kind of decision.

  • I haven't played the update (honestly can't see a reason to do so as it looks terrible) but I remember around the anniversary I was playing on McMillan and I swear I broke at least 25 pallets and there were still some left when the game was over. Some maps needed a pallet boost but the McMillan realm wasnt one.

  • I agree. It's kind of been overshadowed by the fact that the new killer can fly over pallets, but it is ABYSMAL for any remotely low tier killer. Some of the setups feel like 2018-tier. They NEED to review this.

    @BbQz said:

    Do you not realize what's happening? New killer that vaults pallets is super busted and has little to no counter play!!

    Damnit this isn't enough incentive!! Wait!! Let's add a bunch of pallets to worsen the experience of the killers people want to play!! That way they will buy our new killer!!!

    High fives all around.

    Reminds me of how Ormond was on release of Darkness Among Us. Except now it's nearly every map.

  • @SpringMyTrap said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx8zLa2yago

    This a new double pallet set up.

    A set up that should not exist in the first place because it would normally be very safe vs most killers.

    Except Krasue.

    Somehow she doesn't care.

    I can't make distance there after hit, she would immediately catch up.

    I can't vault because she reacts and goes around.

    I can't fake vault because she is fast enough and has long enough reach to hit me before I make it.

    That one single whiff she had was because the Krasue player DOESNT UNDERSTAND HER POWER RANGE or that it can HUG THE COLLISIONS. If she fired it earlier, I would've been hit.

    Nothing I could do in that loop mattered. All my agency was to hold W and die elsewhere or let her kill me there.

    This is aggressively unfun.

    Sharing this here, for the video