How do I get rid of Knight guards?
I know there are guides and videos and whatnot, but there seems to be a detail I'm missing.
I just had a match against Knight. Once I triggered a guard, sprint burst away, and the guard just keeps chasing me forever and even catches up so I take a hit.
Meanwhile, another survivor triggers a guard, runs for 5 seconds and the guard vanishes.
I know there is supposed to be a flag SOMEWHERE that you can run through to cancel the guard, but it is supposed to be announced by a horn, and I didn't hear a horn! (seemed too short a time too). Anyway, how do I run to the flag when I can't even turn without getting caught immediately?
Going against Knight frustrates me to the point that I just give up the chase whenever I get found.
Comments
Heres a good tip to deal with them: vault windows. They are so dumb they always go around. lol
As long as you keep running away from the guard, it's practically impossible for them to catch up to you. They follow your path basically directly, so as long as you don't double back you should be fine.
Once the horn sounds, you can run into the flag, it'll get rid of the Guard and give you a boost of speed and endurance for a short time. You should also see the aura of the flag iirc.
However, keep in mind that there are multiple factors that can influence the time it takes for the horn to sound:
So the time can vary wildly. If the Knight draws a short path and uses either Carnifex or Assassin, then the flag will appear after 5 seconds. If the Knight draws a very long path with the Jailer, then it'll take 20 seconds.
However, like I said, as long as you keep running away, the Guards cannot catch you by themselves. You either have to accidentally run back into them, or the Knight can chase you in tandem in order to try and force a hit.
If you're being solo chased by a Guard, running around a wall in the same direction for a while until the Horn sounds, and then making your way to the flag is the tactic to use.
the only one you have to be "carefull" with is the assassin since hes the fastes so your best tactic there would be a T&L tile since the guard ai does NOT like windows
If you have a guard chasing you, unhooking someone will end the guards pursuit as far as I'm aware