Uhhh
Can anyone explain to me why I was actually in a match with new/low ranked players? I’m like a rank 10 right now and everyone else was rank 20 but me.
The killer didn’t even have any addons or perks. This seems odd to me.
The killer didn’t even have any addons or perks. This seems odd to me.
Comments
In other words.
Matchmaking is wack
"Working as intended"
@Dockta_Carter
It's actually great that it matches you against better/worse players, because it still prioritises players from a similar rank.
The game has to make a choice: It can't let you play because it can't find players of a similar rank/it matches you up with others.
I think it's actually better that the rank scope widens the longer you queue.
I see! That's why I've been playing with people who are either highly ranked or in lower ranks. Thank you I actually had no idea that devs implemented that. I remember when they updated mid-event they had mentioned saying that they were aware of the match-making issues and were making constant changes here and there to see what they can do.
Perhaps this is just an experiment on how things will go? That's just my guess at least! (I could be wrong.)
the problem is when people are far outside of their skill level: There are far too many things in this game that can be optimized to hell, and time is everyone's biggest threat in the game. That said, all it takes is a single well experienced player on either side (killer is kinda obvious on that one) to completely make a match lopsided. It all comes back to that "rank doesnt matter, except that it matters a lot" conundrum.
It feels like every game I play killer I get 1-2 people in my rank range, and then the rest are rank 1s. At first I always assumed it was because of swf pairs between high and low ranks and whatnot, but its also how lax matchmaking has gotten lately. Funny enough, I never the the opposite when I play survivor but hey.