Ideas to make phase 2 better for killers

We all know that phase 2 was not well received by killer mains so I have some ideas to make it more tolerable experince for killers overall.

First I think it's fair to say survivors got more than enough changes and some of them might be even considered overtuned.

  1. Overall balance: in my opinion there is no question that the changes in the ptb weren't enough for the low tier killers to be viable.

So for example, I think an easy solution will be to bump up the numbers of those incentives for the low tier M1 killers, and have them lessened even beyond half for the high tier killers sense exceptions were already established in the system for them and the devs already acknowledged that there is a discrepancy between those killers in terms of their balance and IMO this suggestion will help address that.

For example: Trapper & pig might get 15% haste, but nurse & blight might get only 3%

2. Perk overhaul: again survivors got a lot of their perks either buffed, or got them at basekit but killer on the other hand, got them nerfed.

For me the outliers are: the gen slowdown perks like pain res & eruption. The values of these particular two has gone so significantly down, that IMO they're not worth runing anymore. Also it doesn't make any sense to me they got nerfed in the first place especially sense the survivors got their perks buffed or got them as basekit and underwent a massive rework of sorts that heavily increases their overall performance and impact on the match.

It's only fair if the killers IMO in return get some perks as basekit like: pain res or even (and this might sound crazy) corrupt intervention as in the idea of an early game collapse like the developers have spoken about in the past or maybe a basekit remember me & haywire for end game.

3. More significant incentives: the incentives are just not big enough. If the devs want to encourage healthier style of gameplay with hooks (which I am for) and shake the meta a bit, than they need more significant incentives in place for the killers to spread their hooks.

For example: pain res basekit (as I brought up before) as IMO pain res encourages healthier gameplay because you need to spread your hooks to get value from it.

And as stated up above in the perks segment, the reason why I said corrupt & remember me & haywire should be basekit is because this update felt like it punished killers heavily for "tunneling" without giving them the means to be able to go for separate hooks and not lose the game entirely.

My idea is to have corrupt as base so we can allow the weaker end killers to go for longer chases and not lose 3 gens at the start and be forced to tunnel and get punished for it. The developers can make it so it block 4 gens for the low tiers and 2 for the high tiers.

And for remember me & haywire the idea is to make them basekit but change their activision condition to something that incentivize healthy gameplay e.g. getting four unique hooks. this will IMO incentivize getting more hooks and help you get closer matches and not leave the killers helpless if the last gen is about to pop and they're still way behind.

in conclusion: I am aware that some of these suggestions might be a bit much mainly the combination of both basekit corrupt, remember me, haywire. However, I feel it's necessary due to how onesided this entire patch was.

And if anybody is curious yes, I am a survivor main with over 1000 hours on the game but lately I have been playing more killer and I feel their side was almost completely discarded this patch which is why I am making the post.

What do you think?

Tagged: KillersPerks

Comments