Why design an environment where survivors feel safe around the killer?
Alright, look, I get it. You play a video game to interact and have fun. You don't like it when you get slugged or hooked too fast and you can't play that video game. I have to question why you're playing a video game where the penalty for being caught is getting murdered by a horrifying monster or insane psychopath, but still. I understand that as a video game, having control removed from your character is a bad feeling.
But what about designing a game that is about killers trying to kill survivors giving survivors a sense of security? Why are people entitled to being "safe" for any amount of time? With the proposed 9.2.0 changes, survivors can freely do objectives, interact with one another, and interact with the killer without any concept of fear. The killer can't down them and hook them too often, or else the killer gets punished. The killer can't down them and slug them, they'll just get back up again with no penalty. The killer can't stop them from hanging around for pallet or flashlight saves.
Survivors have no reason to be afraid of what the killer can do, except in very specific circumstances. And all the memes about "lol what horror DbD stopped being a horror game a long time ago" can shove right off - I don't care if the game is "scary" to you. At its core, at its essence, the survivors should be afraid of losing to the killer, and they lose by dying. If you don't want to die, if you don't want to sit on the ground, if you don't want to be hooked, don't get caught.
Comments
it isnt a sense of security in that the killer is a threat. it just gives security that theyre allowed to have fun now without being forced out of a match right out the gate because people view winning as the only requisite to having fun. The bottom line is…you are entitled to play the game but you are not entitled to the suffering of the other players. You are not actually a bloodthirsty serial killer (i hope). If you struggle to win with the new update then your MMR will adjust to a level where winning is possible.
if you feel the survivors are not threatened by you…change your playstyle. I run all aura build ghost face and the jump scares and screams I get from streamers are amazing, and everyone has a good time. Ill have em so paranoid they hide in the same room so long they get crows. Even before this update i followed the rules this update proposed…just out of sportsmanship. I do fine. I still get people who friended me when i was killer, and talk about my insane stealth slinger shots. You can be feared…but when they see you're only going for the "tactical clean wipe win"… the fear is gone and it becomes a job. it becomes predictable.
"I play a build where I kneecap myself and get bullied by anyone with any amount of hours in survivor or a single friend in the lobby, it's tons of fun"
Survivors trying to appeal to people who play killer for any amount of time is really funny
no….i still win. its just super fun for me and fun for the other people too. Contrary to our opinion you can win and have fun. and you can win and the one who lost still enjoy it to. novel idea, i think this was taught back in pre-k. If you are that stressed about the game and winning or performing well. you need to take a break, or take a few losses so your MMR is where you naturally belong and therefore have balanced mutually enjoyable matches.