so what do i do
if a survivor unhooks in my face as trapper, i chase the unhooker, they use lithe and get distance. the person who just got unhooked steps in a trap nearby. So im gonna get punished for using the trappers power to go and pick them up and hook them?
or if im sadako and a survivor ignores all tapes and gets condemned before 6 hooks, do i just ignore the condem???
Tagged:
Community Manager
Comments
It's really not that hard to swerve on recent unhooks. I do it every match I play if I return to hook. You're just going to have to think now instead of chasing anyone and throwing whoever on the hook.
How many killer matches do you need to be an official killer player?
By "you" I mean players in general, not you specifically. I don't have any idea what you yourself do. What I know is what I see in my survivor mathches, and that's a whole lot of "killer see, killer chase." They will actually have to distinguish between individual players now.
It's plenty of hours and I never said you didn't. I'm just trying to figure out what this arbitrary minimum is in order to be a certified killer player.
Calling this a nerf is an understatement. This is a overhaul of the core game loop to say the least.
Is it? Because I never tunnelled. How did I miss the 'core gameplay loop'?
Yes it very much is. You never tunnel? so I'm guessing you only play survivor and if im wrong and you do play killer what's your mindset when you load into a match? also, do you have a problem with posting your KR with your most used killer?
The core loop has been the same since this games inception until possibly now. Granted there have been lots of changes since then but the AGENCY has always been there.
As a Survivor I like:
Unhook protections update I like Elusive
Hook Status Update
Slugging reduction update
Pallet density update
Tunneling Penalties
i do not like
as a Killer I like:
Unique hooks bonuses
As a killer I do not like:
When a Survivor that was previously hooked is Killed or Sacrificed, with the hook action directly resulting in them dying, the Killer loses the ability to block, damage, or regress generators by any means.
What's with this stuff? Everyone that's outraged about this patch instantly accuses any dissidents of being survivor mains. It's cult type stuff, stop it!
The vast majority of players, myself included, play both roles. I just don't go in with intent to sweat and have no need for a guaranteed 4k every match. I'm not chasing 'T O P M M R' or winstreaks or clout or anything. I'm fine with a 3k or a 2k, I'm good with a 0k as long as I got my hooks in. If the survivors play well, I don't deserve to win by unga-bunga tunnelling and just bot-coursing my way after every unhook notification. I prefer a much more dynamic game than that.
From my honest experience in the PTB, I found that:
The Krause:
Mid-day, day 1 of the PTB, I would've thought the killer was A tier, as all new killers appear to be, at first. But, after learning to play against them, of course I was able to have more interactive, fun chases, etc.
The only thing I will say is that there should be a bigger cool-down, if any, to when they can switch to the floating-head form. There have been many situations when I'm looping the killer and right away, they switch forms and zoom up to me then back and being able to hit me, or hook someone and zoom right past me, immediately switching to the floating-head form.
I also feel like it takes an extremely long time to heal from the Leached effect.
Michael Myers:
This change has actually made them feel worse to go against. Their prolonged dash, I feel like they're even more stealthy and harder to detect.
Every killer I've gone against was able to knock me down instantly 100% of the time with their dash.
I hope those numbers are adjusted because I will straight refuse to play against the Shape if these changes go through. No matter how long my D/C timer goes up.
My biggest fear is that BHVR are going to make nerfs based on the loudest outcries; in this case, would be the killers who are now being forced to learn how to play properly and not rely on easy-to-win strategies.
Lets face it, these forums are extremely killer-sided and DBD has one of the most toxic communities.
There's already posts of people who haven't even played the PTB and are complaining about the changes.
"This update actually seems more like a buff to killers, actual skilled killers, because they don't just rely on tunneling or slugging, unless it's absolutely necessary, which the system already accounts for."
how does it accounts for?
Late game, if the killer hasn't received any debuffs (sacrificing before 6 hooks, hooking unique survivors) they very well can tunnel and slug without being penalized and still take the game. I've faced killers who can get 6 hooks, uniquely, before 2 gens are even completed.
The devs want the killer to have the advantage, they will never create a system that deliberately takes away any of that, unless you abuse the system.
you still get gens blocked if you kill previously hooked survivor. This system does not care if you killed him at 2 hooks, or at 6+
If there are 2 or 1 gens left and it's a 3v1, I'd say the match would be pretty even then. Even if the gens were blocked, you can easily keep pressure on the survs. Plus, it all gets disabled when all gens are completed anyway.
Lmao, all of this "why am I being punished for making the game an early 3v1????" Nothing is stopping you from doing that. Take advantage of survivor mistakes, but they now will still have a chance at winning. 3v1 early is not an instant win anymore.
You do in fact have a skill issue if your only strategy for playing killer is relying on tunneling. There are options you just won't pick them. Stop tunneling, and learn to play the game the right way. Clearly the devs agree that tunneling isn't healthy for the game.