I'm amazed that killers are surprised by the changes

It's not uncommon for killer mains to have an average kill rate of 70%. Some even with 80%. The concept of "win streaks" should never be possible in a competitive pvp game with mmr. The game just became an ego boost for killer mains where survivors were just supposed to be punching bags for a killer's enjoyment. Survivors no longer wanted to play and were leaving the game in droves. The devs are finally taking action to level the playing field, and now killers will finally see what their true skill level is. In the long run these changes will make the game more enjoyable for everyone though, except streamers who can't boast about 1k win streaks anymore.

Comments

  • I think it's going to be really hard to tell how good the killer changes will be until we get the numbers. Although the one thing that worries me is that they'll most likely further the gap between top tier killers and low tier killers even more now, even though it's reduced, blight will benefit from the built in bbq, haste and kick A LOT more than say, Trapper would. That and to shamelessly take one of otz's points, these changes don't exactly unlock new perk variety. You're still going to be running the same gen regression and block perks to keep up, now you'll just be relying on them more than ever now.

  • @sinkra said:

    It's not uncommon for killer mains to have an average kill rate of 70%. Some even with 80%. The concept of "win streaks" should never be possible in a competitive pvp game with mmr. The game just became an ego boost for killer mains where survivors were just supposed to be punching bags for a killer's enjoyment. Survivors no longer wanted to play and were leaving the game in droves. The devs are finally taking action to level the playing field, and now killers will finally see what their true skill level is. In the long run these changes will make the game more enjoyable for everyone though, except streamers who can't boast about 1k win streaks anymore.

    the offical stats say it's 60 - 40. 48% for 4 man teams

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3992327#Comment_3992327

    I've got pro-killer takes too, they just never come up because no one talks about any killer issue outside of 'sometimes I lose'.

    That's where I am too. I don't really enjoy Killer and I don't play it seriously when I do queue up, but I do pay attention and listen to concerns. It's just one of those things where it's hard for me to really hone in on all of those concerns when I see the bigger picture and I see what needs more attention.

  • Look the other way guys and be optimistic there is always way to play blight or ghoul dam even dead by nurselight is a thing but until I see numbers I cant tell but if this patch will be spit into weaker killers face and makes their games chess tournament then even now Im few steps from blight by daylight.

  • @Wiccamanplays said:

    First of all, the steady increase in player numbers suggests that people have not been leaving the game "in droves"; while I'm sure there have been Survivor players who've left because of not enjoying the game's current state (in spite of the bufs Survivors have rightly received), it doesn't help discourse to exaggerate.

    Second, kill rates have been inflated across the board by the changes to Endgame Mori and the Abandon feature, as well as the Go Next phenomenon in general: I've had many more games where Survivors have just peaced out of entirely winnable scenarios, and I don't really see the point in letting bots escape, especially when they're usually worse at the game (this does raise the question of how much merciful Hatch escapes were influencing kill/escape rates.

    Third, kill rates as a blunt statistic are not very informative by themselves: I just checked my stats and my highest KRs are on Wraith and Trapper, because I played them as a beginner and got a load of 4ks against baby Survivors who didn't have any perks and didn't know how the game worked, before I reached the MMR cap and those Killers becoming effectively unplayable. Meanwhile the more 'accurate' average of around 60% for my mains does not come from usually getting 2 sacrifices per trial with the occasional 3rd, but from having a rough split between 3-4k matches and 4 man escapes complete with teabags at the Exit Gate. My experience may not be universal, but then neither is the experience of the pro DBD player who gets ridiculous win streaks on S-tier Killers (I suspect the problem there is with the Killers they play, not with Killers in general: I've not seen someone complete that challenge on Skull Merchant).

    Finally, few of the changes proposed will actually affect the status quo. While I'm generally in favour of the anti-slugging changes– though the specifics may become problematic– the anti-tunnel changes will not bother the best Killers in the game and not help the worst. It doesn't matter that gens become unstoppable and Survivors get a buff to repair speed if a cracked Nurse or Blight can still kill everyone at 4 gens. An Onryo does no better with basekit Pop and BBQ if Survivors can still effectively ignore her power and clear 3 gens before she gets her first hook.

    If these changes do go through as described, and the numbers are actually meaningful, it probably will cause a drop in kill rates, but only in the Killers who already struggled to secure kills without tunnelling (who also tend to be the ones more accessible to newer players, players on console and players with disabilities). In that case, I hope it prompts BHVR to have a deep look at those Killers, the flaws in their designs, and the changes that could be made to them and the game more widely to close the gap between top and bottom tiers, so there's actually an incentive to play anyone other than the top 5.

    Bhvr forget some trapper,ghostface exist long time ago but now they are cooking with mayers and on paper it looks good for me but numbers will be important some rework shoul come to trickster,smerchant and trapper which surprise me that bhvr wants to do something to trapper and buff him even tho they buffed him the most from all killers and he is still at the bottom. For the rest of your post I agree, playing wraith or trapper without best perks and addons feels like going to race top sprinters and shooting yourself in one leg and trying to be in first three.

1 2 3 ›