Is it worth saving teammates?
How do you play?
Do you think it's worth it to save teammates from the hook?
Would you save someone who will leave you on the hook?
How do you play?
Do you think it's worth it to save teammates from the hook?
Would you save someone who will leave you on the hook?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes,
1) You get points.
2) Your team is more efficient.
Even if this person is bad it's worth rescuing them just because it's one more person to keep the killer busy until you can do the rest of the gens.
It depends on the circumstance. I would argue that if someone is sandbagging (farming, etc.) the team and they get put on the hook, they're not getting off in many cases and I'm not blinking at that. If the killer camps, it's better if people don't go for it, but if you have the chance to save them, you should regardless of if you think they'd save you or not. The game is easier with a full team and you get pips and so on for going for a safe saves and helping out your team.
Circumstances are key in this scenario.
Do i save people on hooks? yup i even take BT for extra safe unhooks.
Do i save people if the killer is face camping? No campers want you to be altruistic and feed into it.
Do i save the person if i have the doors open and can leave and the killer has NoED up? no.
Yes, its another WGLF stack.
Just make sure you dont die while saving
Yes, it's worth it. You get emblem points and bp's. Besides, it feels so good when you successfuly rescue someone from a hook in the end of the game. I just had a game recently where the huntress ran iridescent heads and infantry belt. We got all the gens done relatively easy, but as we were popping the last one, one of us got caught and hooked in the basement. My teammates were very reluctant about going back for them, but I sneaked into the basement, used balanced landing and got them off the hook. They had adrenaline, so we didn't take any time to heal and ran out as she was getting into the shack. She went for me, and since there were not tiles nearby, I got downed. She could've hooked me right there and facecamped me, but she got greedy and decided to take me to the basement. I decisived off her shoulder and ran towards the exit. I vaulted into a barn, and she decided to go around. I turned around and went back to the other exit, which was being opened by the survivor I rescued. Everyone lived. Games like this feel really good, and just for that feeling I would say it's worth it, even if you may get downed and killed.
Unhooking them gives you 20 points and returns those 10 points to entire team.
If however your unhook goes down before 10 seconds, you lose 30 points = -10
Unhooking survivors is the easiest way to get iridescent in benevolence.
Protip:
There's 60 seconds until the entity is spawned, so use that time to do gens or you'll havev wasted their possible hook perks too (Kindred)
That's it. Most times when I save someone, everyone will let me on the hook.
Especially when the gates are open.
Latest game one was hooked, two other near the hook, gate open. I saved that guy from the hook, killer downed me all other 3 escaped.