Why so toxic?
I know this post has probably been turned over and over in the compost pile so many times. But why so toxic? I try to enjoy this game the best of my ability, I mostly play killer because its the most fun for me. But I have almost 5k hours clocked in and still the survivors are so unbearably toxic. Like what are they achieving throwing toxic insults at a real person behind the screen?
I just can't fathom the mentality of some survivors, I don't let it get to me but like cmon it gets annoying when a survivor comes to my end game chat to start calling me names and other verbal insults because they didn't get their way.
PS This goes for both sides, who are equally toxic, I just see it more on survivor since I play killer more.
Comments
it's just proven that when a human encounters another that is vulnerable and defenceless, people see that as an opportunity to act with impunity. asymm genre just brings that nasty fact of life out front and center. toxicity exists in all games but the imbalanced power dynamic just activates peoples neurons in all the wrong ways.
What fire did I start, oops. 😀
would be hilarious imo
I appreciate that you asked this question, but I have to acknowledge how tough this conversation is to tackle. We simply cannot determine why the player was upset. Were they upset for a DBD reason or a non-DBD reason? Did they have a bad day? Or are there frustrating gameplay elements that signal opportunities for improvement?
DBD can be the equivalent of listening to sad songs while you're upset. The nature of the game itself is pretty negative so it's attractive when you're feeling negative and not treating yourself the best.