My opinion of the Streetwise rework.
In short, I'm not a fan.
Long version: I have the tendency to fall off of DBD for weeks at a time to avoid burnout. I'm usually good at keeping up with news though, but I didn't read the Walking Dead patch notes beforehand. I just heard about the Streetwise exploit and that Clown got a buff and some people weren't happy, but back to Streetwise. I discovered the rework on accident while I was doing a tome challenge that required opening chests. My typical chest build is Plunderer's Instinct, Appraisal, Scavenger, and Ace in The Hole. I ended up replacing Ace in The Hole with Streetwise this time because I hadn't played for a bit and forgot about it. It was originally to make what I got from the chest last longer (What it does now) but, when I depleted the first item, I saw the killer's aura and thought: "That's weird. Did Streetwise get buffed?" My friends didn't read the patch notes either so they didn't know. It wasn't until I looked at Streetwise after the match that I realized it was reworked.
With this knowledge, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a fan. I was a big advocator of the old Streetwise & Built To Last combo, and this completely destroyed that. I don't even know why it was reworked to begin with. I read online that it had something to do with it's "underutilization" and that BHVR was trying to "make it more appealing to survivors." Which doesn't make much sense to me. If there's one thing survivors do less than run Streetwise, it's open chests. So I don't know why they had to rework it to a chest perk of all things. If anything, that'll just make it more underutilized.
Comments
I hate it. It was a huge part of my gen build which, between my p100 being out of my favorite add-ons and also being a BP pit to get more, is now gutted. The change is totally baffling to me.