Ghostbusters in DBD

Ghostbusters is a classic movie and was even on the survey for last year. But I think it would be better if it is just all 4 crew memebers as survivors with no killer as the crew are more recognizeable. Would also be cool if the og survivors can dress up like them. If there had to be a killer for this hypothetical chapter only 2 Killers come to mind Gozer and Vigo and idk which would be better to adapt

Comments

  • I feel like the Traveller, Gozer the Gozarian wins out of Vigo personally in terms of being iconic, and has more of a power showcase in its appearance to pick from to help define a power, and can even fall back on Zool and Vinz Clortho if needed.

    That said, my primary issue with Ghostbusters however is, while I'm a huge old school Ghostbusters fan (had all the merch and even watched the cartoon religiously), I don't feel I can put it in the same line with the icons of horror showcase that DBD is.

    It's already stretching a fair way to accomodate the likes of Lara, Nicholas Cage and Kaneki, which are all cases you can squint and say it kinda works.... but Ghostbusters is an unequivocal comedy. It's a similar bag to adding Scooby Doo, which is an equally funny and cool idea... but I dunno, when you have someone like Freddy Kruegar, a child #########, malevolent sadist and brutal murderer (even if its the watered down 2010 version)... putting beloved comedy characters against them to get butchered feels a bit off...

  • I'd quite like to see a Proton Pack as a new item Survivors can use to slow down killers if they are chasing another survivor.

  • I think it would be a fun little skins pack, but idk if I would want a ghostbusters chapter.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    I feel like the Traveller, Gozer the Gozarian wins out of Vigo personally in terms of being iconic, and has more of a power showcase in its appearance to pick from to help define a power, and can even fall back on Zool and Vinz Clortho if needed.

    That said, my primary issue with Ghostbusters however is, while I'm a huge old school Ghostbusters fan (had all the merch and even watched the cartoon religiously), I don't feel I can put it in the same line with the icons of horror showcase that DBD is.

    It's already stretching a fair way to accomodate the likes of Lara, Nicholas Cage and Kaneki, which are all cases you can squint and say it kinda works.... but Ghostbusters is an unequivocal comedy. It's a similar bag to adding Scooby Doo, which is an equally funny and cool idea... but I dunno, when you have someone like Freddy Kruegar, a child #########, malevolent sadist and brutal murderer (even if its the watered down 2010 version)... putting beloved comedy characters against them to get butchered feels a bit off...

    Evil Dead and Chucky are horror comedy, so I don't see the comedy aspect as a disqualifying factor. But as much as I love Ghostbusters, I can't seriously argue that it has all that much to do with horror. It's definitely more "horror adjacent" but then I don't think that really matters anymore. We're already gone beyond that requirement with the addition of Lara Croft, Nic Cage, D&D and FNAF.

    Ghostbusters still tops my wish list of IPs I'd personally love to see in the game, regardless. As much as I'd love to see a full chapter, I'd honestly take anything be that cosmetics, a Feng Min cosplay or even just a crappy no ghost logo T-shirt. That said, I suspect I'm way older than the average DBD gamer. I grew up with Ghostbusters in the same way that gen z grew up with FNAF.

    So while I'm sure it's still reasonably popular with the recent movies and all, it's probably not a pop culture giant with the younger folk like some of the more recent DBD chapters have been. Since that's been the trend with chapters lately, I'm not sure Ghostbusters is an IP that BHVR would seek out.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    I'd quite like to see a Proton Pack as a new item Survivors can use to slow down killers if they are chasing another survivor.

    Like a flashlight but instead of blinding it hinders. I like it