Houndmaster’s extremely frustrating bugs

Her slow down bug and her dog just “poofing” away has been in the game since Ghoul came out.


We have had 7 patches of bug fixes since then she still remains broken. It’s August now. This all started in April. I am really hoping next week will have the fixes she needs when the hotfixes release.

Comments

  • They're definitely aware of all these bugs. But I think they just choose to prioritize Killers with higher pickrates.

  • @Birken13 said:

    They're definitely aware of all these bugs. But I think they just choose to prioritize Killers with higher pickrates.

    Perhaps - but I shouldn’t be forced to play another killer though just because we can’t fix this one that just came out 8 months ago. 4 months of waiting just for a fix it’s a little ridiculous at this point.

    They’re not even minor bugs. The team fixed a bug recently with houndsense disappearing upon hooks and unhooking. That one was the least of my concerns.

    Let’s fix the more game breaking bugs.

  • @Birken13 said:

    They're definitely aware of all these bugs. But I think they just choose to prioritize Killers with higher pickrates.

    Her low pr is cus of how buggy she is though. They choose to prioritize bugs on newer characters people are still looking to buy. Houndmaster, being original and already 8 months old doesn't really have any appeal to the devs to prioritize, unfortunately.

  • Twins have had bugs in the game since their PTB years ago, I don't think these hound master bugs are going anywhere anytime soon :(

  • @20_Henry said:

    Twins have had bugs in the game since their PTB years ago, I don't think these hound master bugs are going anywhere anytime soon :(

    That’s just not fair.

  • @20_Henry said:

    Twins have had bugs in the game since their PTB years ago, I don't think these hound master bugs are going anywhere anytime soon :(

    Similarly with Houndmaster, Twins has a low pr, very old and not relevant killer in modern dbd, and is free, thus the lack of care and prioritization they need.

  • @CompetitifDBD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3981322#Comment_3981322

    Similarly with Houndmaster, Twins has a low pr, very old and not relevant killer in modern dbd, and is free, thus the lack of care and prioritization they need.

    dw they will fix the bugs when something that crashes the server or is game breaking appears….

    its really depressing, houndmaster is so fun to play but the amount of bugs just makes the player suffer

  • it it makes you feel any better this just happened. So at least the mori works.

    20250810235404_1.jpeg 20250810235411_1.jpeg
  • i stopped playing her to be honest. The core ideas of her kit are really fun and I was going to put her into the rotation of killers I play regularly, but her bugs and QoL issues are too frustrating. The fact that the search command still doesn't properly snap onto generators drives me up the wall.

  • It's a shame I've never played the killer but I kinda enjoyed every match ived played vs hound master it's sad I don't see many as I've still never escaped vs one yet but I've only played like 3 since playing again a month or so ago

  • @miniboss said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3981349#Comment_3981349

    The amount of times I've gone to command search a gen only for it to quickly snap off as I click search for Snug to search only 10 metres in front of me… yeah I had to reduce how much I was playing HM too.

    Also, I played her on Midwich the other day and Snug's pathfinding was bugged, he was stuck in a corner, and I had no power for at least 4 whole minutes in game. Very cool.

    Yeah its really disheartening…Bug fixes should be number 1 priorities especially when its something you paid for like a new character. I paid for her. I even bought the legendary outfit, I will continue to support the content give to her if it means putting it back into houndmaster.

  • @miniboss said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3981349#Comment_3981349

    The amount of times I've gone to command search a gen only for it to quickly snap off as I click search for Snug to search only 10 metres in front of me… yeah I had to reduce how much I was playing HM too.

    Also, I played her on Midwich the other day and Snug's pathfinding was bugged, he was stuck in a corner, and I had no power for at least 4 whole minutes in game. Very cool.

    Yep. Completely relate to the broken path finding thing. Snug loves to take outrageously long or convoluted routes, as well as get stuck (especially where elevations are involved).

    I really, really want to love HM but she’s just too broken for me. Shame because I love the pirate concept :(

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3981421#Comment_3981421

    Yep. Completely relate to the broken path finding thing. Snug loves to take outrageously long or convoluted routes, as well as get stuck (especially where elevations are involved).

    I really, really want to love HM but she’s just too broken for me. Shame because I love the pirate concept :(

    Exactly. I totally get it too. I can't tell you HOW many bug reports I have been into her in the last couple months. Community Managers comment on them and tell me "The team is looking into it" which is nice and all, but I keep seeing "Bug Update" after update after update and nothing.

  • Hopefully Ryan will update us. He did say he would keep me in the loop regarding this topic with the Ream.

    It would be much appreciated if we had an update on this please 🙏🏼

  • at this rate seems like houndmasters just been a 9000 shards Teachable dispenser because I've been waiting for the "all clear" in regards to her problems before diving in, but seems that day may never come.

    kind of a terrible self fulfilling prophecy; why fix an unpopular character when she's unpopular because she needs to be fixed? you could say bhvr took our shards and ran but what does that do for future sales? that just drags down confidence in the brand.

  • Yeah pretty much why I gave up with her