Killer filter for survivors (2 or 3 max)
I really think survivors should have the option to filter out a few killers make it like three max or something low to keep it fair but i think this is a serious topic that should be discussed further because I'm not being funny I'am not playing dbd for someone else's pleasure i love this game so much but then it gets absolutely destroyed to the point i want to uninstall and never play again just because of the knight or the clown with his recent buff,
like i really wouldn't mind waiting an extra 5 mins to get into a game because at least i would keep my sanity and ENJOY playing the game
because if i cant loop killer for more than 10 secs because of there ability then I'm not going to have fun…
i really think that BHVR should really start looking at more quality of life changes for survivors more and not killer so much just because more people playing killer
Comments
But can i also ban some survivor teammates then? Maybe like 2-3 perks, which they shouldnt be allowed to use. And then, if everyone uses this system to ban the same perks, we can force people to stop using those perks.
Well, i guess the system has its problems..
hh... yay. So do I get a filter too? Can I block 2-3 red syringes, double Shoulder of Burden, and the full "try it, but I’m gonna be back up in 3 seconds anyway" loadout? Or the full gen speed squad? and all the other good stuff?
Can I filter out certain SWFs I keep getting over and over again — the ones I know will flame me in endgame chat whether I win or lose (doesn’t usually make a difference) ? xD Can I?
I'm excited to see how this post goes.
There's no universe in which a filter that blocks certain killers/perks/items is a good idea balance-wise NGL
just kinda sinking into silence, I guess? :D ‘cause it really doesn’t make sense…
A filter in PvP?
Nah, that’s pointless.
You’re always gonna run into stuff you don’t like — that’s just how multiplayer games are. Everyone has different things that annoy them. If we start building filters here, where does it stop? Who gets to filter what and who doesn’t? What get a filter next? It’d just turn into a big mess and wreck matchmaking.
I get it, it’s a legit wish if you keep running into stuff that sucks for you. But that’s just part of multiplayer. How would these filters even work? The matchmaking itself is already kinda like a filter (which definitely needs improvement, no doubt).
Like, if matchmaking actually worked properly, I should only get matched against the strongest groups when I play Nurse… not lobbies that I can leave after two minutes without a gen even being done.
Better MMR is the real filter the game needs. Letting players filter individual killers? Nah, what about the killers? What kind of filters does the killer side get?
And where does it end if we start adding filters like that?
Who gets to filter, who doesn’t?
There are lots of people who don’t mind specific killers, but have issues with certain perks or items (like some folks with the smoke grenade — they apparently have real physical problems due to hearing/vision issues).
Who truly deserves to have a filter at this point then?
You’d need a completely new lobby system for that — something like “you create a lobby and directly ban or modify certain things for that lobby.”
Players could then see an overview of all available lobbies and their restrictions, and decide which lobby they want to join.
A lot of other games have this... but in DBD? Many killers wouldn’t find a game anymore if they play something “too strong” or “annoying for survivors.” And many SWFs wouldn’t find matches either, because no one wants to face them.
I’d imagine both sides would just create lobbies with settings that suit them best, and no one from the other side would join — so everyone ends up stuck in their own little lobbies lol. xD could be a funny moment..
and i mean. . other game modes basically act like fa little ilters already..
And can I also filter out people by region if I suspect I’m about to get matched with someone with 200+ ping?
That’s exactly the question: where do you draw the line once you start adding filters?