How would yall feel about a Mass Effect Chapter?
So i know that Mass Effect is not a horror game, but you cant deny the Reapers are a terrifying force to go up against specificly the Collectors. I think that a chapter based around the Collector General shown in Mass Effect 2 and a map based on the collector vessel could be interesting. The General would be called something like (The Vessel ), (The Harbinger) or maybe just (The General). His power would work around the Seeker Swarms that the Collectors use to abduct colonists and maybe it could play like a mix of artist, clown, and trapper as the swarms could be sent to slow down survivors and eventually paralyze them. Also all hooks in the trial could be switched out for the Collector Pods which could be turned off for a short time like a sabo. I have no idea what his perks would be like but i think the iri addon should be Iri Reaper Heart. Idk just something i thought would be cool what do you guys think?

Comments
I prefer it over the idea of Star Wars admittedly...
Though Mass Effect still falls short of say, the Flood from Halo, and I even still have squint at the idea of bringing that in. I feel like if we're going for Sci-fi horror video games, Dead Space is where I stop first...
However sticking with thinking about Mass Effect, the idea of the swarm seems like it has potential... though the paralysis feels like something that'd be hard to accomodate in any meaningful way... the Collector's tend to be focusing on capturing specimens alive for their own interests over outright killing...
The Collector General and his ability to assume control of the other collectors has promise to be interesting... but it also implies some level of autonomy required from the drones themselves.
You could make it work, but it is lacking a little in horror elements, and given the troubles that already come from Nemesis zombies, seems a little unattainable.
You summed up my thoughts about it in the first 10 to 11 words.
I never played the Mass Effect franchise, but I thought there are a lot of jump scares and intimidating enemies in there? It maybe not horror but it checks some of the most horror-like boxes. I imagine it occupies the same space as the Alien franchise, so it would be a good fit.
I love these games but nah, I don't think Mass Effect would be a good fit for DBD. The husks are kinda creepy, but it would be difficult to make a compelling Killer out of one of those and that's really the only proper horror element of those games imo.
Edit: Maybe a Banshee Killer could be kinda cool. But nothing else really stick out to me as a potential Killer.
Tomb Raider and Nic Cage were pretty tenuous additions to the game but Mass Effect would really be pushing it.
I'd rather a dead space chapter tbh
As someone who has been living and breathing Mass Effect since cirka 2014, this sounds like a great idea.
Maybe not the Collector General is the best suited as a killer character, but a Reaper Banshee is. Those things are nightmare fuel, with their screams and insta-kill potential. They have a Nurse-like blink traversal power as well, stemming from the unstable biotic powers within the corrupted bodies.
And I mean, the design on these things could very well fit into DBD
Oh for sure a Dead Space Chapter would go hard and is the top option for sci fi
Another vote for Dead Space instead. Isaac as survivor and Necromorph as killer would be rad, and would fit the vibe nicely with Singularity and Gabriel.
i don't want Ass Effect in my DBD. It is wildly off theme.
Mass Effect is even less "horror adjacent" than D&D and Tomb Raider are.