Make Shadowborn the default killer FOV?
Hello,
i would like to discuss how you all think about making Shadowborn FOV the standart FOV?
I personally think this buff would be nice because the shadowborn FOV feels much better in this game and its a buff that helps all killers though you ofc can argue that it helps some more then others. But i still think it would be a nice generell quality improvement. What are your thoughts about it?
Now if this would be done ofc shadowborn would need a change:
This could be ofc anything now and in my oppinion it dosent even have to be super strong since its a base game perk and no one feels cheated out of their money. Or it could just increase the FOV even further for those, who like that however i think this would be too extreme personally but i wouldnt mind.
Monitor and Abuse:
Either it can stay like it is and increase the FOV even further or it just does the + - 8m terror radius like it does now. IF you think this is to weak it could be buffed to + - 10m.
So what are your thoughts about this?
Comments
FOV shoudl be adjustable in the options, everyone has a different preference
Would love this! I run Shadowborn on most my killers just because the default FOV is so small.
I'd love a third person killer option too, I wanna see my cosmetics god damnit
Killers have first person + tunnel vision for balancing purposes. A third person camera would make them overpowered.
Very True, meant more as a joke. But would be a nice KYF Feature if anything
Well, I imagine that there's some way a killer could have a third person perspective and not be overpowered. Perhaps a simple over the shoulder perspective might be fair. I understand that killers shouldn't have a fully dynamic third-person camera. However, I do believe that some options are available and fair, they just need to be tested.
But before increasing the FOV, I'd prefer if they moved the eye-positions of killers slightly behind. Survivors can abuse the blind spot right infront the killer because our eyestalks lol.
Right no one would abuse this and just set it to the absolute highest setting. Not like FOV helps you find survivors better or anything 😏
Shadowborn should not be the default. It can actually make a huge difference, especially for killers like Nurse. There is a reason your FOV is limited to what it is.
So what would be wrong?
Other games allow you to do this aswell and DBD isnt even a competitive game
Uhhh because the higher the FOV the more of an advantage killer has... if you let them all killers would just play at the highest available FOV for the maximum advantage.
Like really you that blind to how FOV affects the game? This isn't COD, your FOV as killer makes a huge difference and is something that is specifically set for gameplay purposes.
I do not remember what Podcast it was but BHVR have already said they want to toy with the Killers natural FOV. The problem they said was that they don't want to remove Shadowborne as a perk yet if they increase the natural FOV and you use Shadowborn your camera would clip your killers shoulders onto your screen.
Who knows when/if they change it.
God prevent that the killer gets the vision survivor have
So make Nurse even more good?
Interesting i wonder what became of that idea? Maybe the devs col enlighten us?
I run every game with a fov able to be adjusted at max
I think Shadowborn fov would be a great default fov everything higher might be too extreme for gameplay reasons.
A third person cam however would totally break the game however they could add an option to turn third person camara on/off in kill your friends. Third person option for killer first person option for survivors xD