Please improve the Walking Dead survivor voices.

TO CLARIFY - I am NOT talking about the voicelines from the Official actors/Michonne's Actress. They are perfectly fine and good voice work

However the voice work for everything else for Rick and Daryl are really really poorly done and are extremely jarring. Originally we thought they were placeholder for the PTB however it seems this wasn't the case and instead we're in a situation where the 'Official' voices were just for the voicelines.

Which would be fine if the stand-ins sounded more like the characters they are representing. Which imho they do not. Rick and Daryl especially.

Comments

  • So I wasn’t crazy, I’m a console gamer so I just thought they sounded weird on the ptb bc I wasn’t personally playing, but if they actually stay like after getting real voice lines, it’d be pretty weird

  • @Slurp_Ramen said:

    So I wasn’t crazy, I’m a console gamer so I just thought they sounded weird on the ptb bc I wasn’t personally playing, but if they actually stay like after getting real voice lines, it’d be pretty weird

    My theory is that they got the actors to do voicelines but couldn't get them to do all of the in-game audio like screams, grunts of pain and so on. There could be all sorts of contractual, legal or personal reasons for this so I'm not gonna speculate but if we're going to have stand-ins they should be of a higher quality.

    It's just really jarring and they sound low quality compared to every other survivor. Even legendaries.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    TO CLARIFY - I am NOT talking about the voicelines from the Official actors/Michonne's Actress. They are perfectly fine and good voice work

    However the voice work for everything else for Rick and Daryl are really really poorly done and are extremely jarring. Originally we thought they were placeholder for the PTB however it seems this wasn't the case and instead we're in a situation where the 'Official' voices were just for the voicelines.

    Which would be fine if the stand-ins sounded more like the characters they are representing. Which imho they do not. Rick and Daryl especially.

    You should hear them all against the Plague. Michonne sounds very manly when she gags... Like a deep voice gagging.