your opinion about current killer state

I'm new here on the forum, but I've been playing the game for a while now. I'd just like to discuss how most people play killer. Not in the sense of endless complaints (which I might), but more of a question - what are your impressions of the last few months of the game?

My killrate has dropped significantly, after 600 hours of play I'm starting to have more and more mixed feelings. Have I just gotten better at playing and am I forced to confront people who have been playing dbd since 2018, or is this a mistake of the mmr system? I don't like tunneling or slugging, but the more I play, the more I feel like the game forces me to do it, because gen efficiency is off the charts and many of the perks for protecting genes have been nerfed, as I know. I can play fair, but that will probably just mean 4 people running away from me on death hook. If regression of one gene is forbidden more than 8 times, does it make sense to cut the numbers like of the old pop goes, while buffing perks for genrush at the ptb stage?

As a pyramidhead main, I also have mixed feelings. I am happy with his addon rework, I don't care that survivors were given an endurance base kit after cage, not really happy with making him 4.2(cause it doesn't actually solve the issue of zoning, that's just make using m2 less favourable in many situations and affect new players on him), but his ability feels weird. Flicks are just broken, input buffering spoiled the impression. At the same time, the problems with m2 for example on nostromo or 2nd ormond lake variation are not solved. And I feel other killers faced with same issues.Like The Knight, who got a huge nerf yet his bugs (which I was usually complaining on when playing against him) wasn't actually fixed.

As a person who also plays solo queue, I support attempts to make the life of survivors less miserable, but why do I feel solid improvements for the only part - sfw? New perks at the ptb stage aimed at anti-slug are useless if you do not have a friend in the team (or plot twist), with good solo you don't need it anyway. But when you have three friends, it all looks so broken that it is perceived as bullying the killer.

I would like just hear opinion of others, either it's survivor or killer, with more or less experience in game as me.

Tagged: KillersMod

Comments

  • @drag27 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3968797#Comment_3968797

    and we can say the same thing about survivors. "Survivors think they deserve to escape, Killers expect to get no kills"

    This. I pretty much go into every game as Killer expecting to lose, so then if I win it's a nice surprise and if I lose I don't feel too bad because I expected to get shat on anyway.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3968450#Comment_3968450

    And IMHO, until someone becomes good at that new Killer, this MMR rubberbanding shouldn't exist. Every Killer should have its own MMR that doesn't affect the others, it's stupid you can't get weaker Survivors to learn on when you've never played a given Killer. It's not fun to be slapped around and you won't know what you do right or wrong if all you do is lose, you'll just get frustrated and go back to your mains.

    Frankly the MMR bracket needs widening on both sides, it's too narrow. It also needs a reset since we'll be getting new MMR criteria soon anyway.

    Well this doesn't really state how wide that rubber band actually is. I don't think any killer, who has experience, should start at the bottom with any other killer. Just knowing the basics of playing as a generic m1 killer will get you past the beginner stages. How wide the rubber banding should go, I have no clue honestly.

    I would personally like to see in game tutorials for each killer. Let the community create them even. That way you could have beginner to advanced tutorials on any given killer. I'm sure many content creators and individual players would be happy to contribute.

    It would probably take a lot more work than I would ever know to do this. But they could always start small and maybe every patch they could take a submitted tutorial for people to watch. Then create a preset match for a player to test it out. Or make something that will allow people to place assets and characters on a map and create their own preset tutorial to submit.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3968450#Comment_3968450

    And IMHO, until someone becomes good at that new Killer, this MMR rubberbanding shouldn't exist. Every Killer should have its own MMR that doesn't affect the others, it's stupid you can't get weaker Survivors to learn on when you've never played a given Killer. It's not fun to be slapped around and you won't know what you do right or wrong if all you do is lose, you'll just get frustrated and go back to your mains.

    Frankly the MMR bracket needs widening on both sides, it's too narrow. It also needs a reset since we'll be getting new MMR criteria soon anyway.

    it's stupid you can't get weaker Survivors to learn on when you've never played a given Killer

    It seems silly that survivors could get a killer player who has far game experience then them.

    The other issue, is that if this was true, it would take days/weeks for new killers to start appearing at the higher MMR brackets. Then the killer would have a substantial leg up for awhile as they had a lot of experience the survivors didn't. This would even out over time, but you'd have inflated kill rates early on and we've seen how problematic it can be for the game if a killer comes in with a negative to play against reputation.

     It also needs a reset since we'll be getting new MMR criteria soon anyway.

    I guess this really depends on what the new MMR is. If its totally different than a reset will almost certainly have to happen, if its mostly the same though it doesn't really call for it.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    At this point OP you are just engaging in targeted harassment.



    Its one thing to disagree with someone but this back and forth exchange with you including:


    •Profile diving my twitch and bringing up years old videos as ad hominem attacks not related to your thread.
    •Lying and misrepresenting posts people make.
    •Cherry picking peoples opinions that dont align with yours and invalidating them, rather than disagreeing with them.
    •Accusing others of a certain play style to discredit what they have as an opinion
    •Assuming other peoples MMR to discredit what they have as an opinion
    •Assuming what people "main" or play or dont play to discredit what they have as an opinion
    •Telling others you dont "want to hear from people like you"
    •Passive aggressive misquoting of someone with things like "bluh bluh not my problem"
    •Admitting that you dont want to engage in good faith with this quote "Do you really think after this I willl try to actually have decent arguement with you? "
    •Refocus your thread entirely on one person rather than moving on with a simple "I disagree" type of post.


    You are just on a one man smear campaign doing everything you can you invalidate someones opinions.
    All the examples I gave for a reason for not showing everything to people on this forum; you have done towards me in this thread.


    You are EXACTLY why noone should reveal too much because no matter what is shown to you, you will shift goal posts much like your redefining of tunneling above and silly micro, false and lying by the way, critiquing of footage given.


    And you will do it for multiple pages.

    I dont need to answer how many hours I play what and what role to give my opinion.
    I dont need to answer what my builds were and what killer I played to give my opinion.


    You say you have ~600 hours in this game?
    I have more hours just in the killer role ALONE than your total hours.

    Should I discredit everything you have to say like you are attempting to do with me?

    You literally talking one thing in post, like it was true, and then call it harassment when it turns out people actually watch “proofs” you provided yourself?

    No one asked about providing your own twitch here

    No one saying that this SM experiment was essential for proving your opinion. You decided yourself, cause when people asked about giving simple screenshots or reveal blurred part, you said no and insisted you already have enough.


    Don’t you want to question yourself why only you was getting such attention from me, while other people with respectively same opinion are fine? Maybe because they didn’t lie in their post or at least did it in a way I can’t realise it? Maybe they are at least honest, saying it’s simple only when you doing unfair strategy towards survivors? Games on killers indeed easy, until the only gameplay to actually win now looks like this. It was in the very beginning of my discussion .

    I’m genuinely sorry, if you decided my words crossed your gamestyle and suddenly decided to focus on personality. All of that time I’m trying to be actually respective and don’t touch personality of yours, even when you tried to picture me as evil person who discriminate the whole side on this discussion only because I wasn’t agree with you. I don’t really understand how making screenshots from streams you literally provided yourself by linking it should be considered as harassment .


    I don’t know why some people decided I somehow support making life of sirvivors harder. I literally play survivor myself. I like gameplay on them. I still don’t get why people like to fight between each other, demanding nerfs or imposing unnecessary rule. Don’t genrush. Don’t tunnel. Don’t bring second chance perk. NOED is no skill involved. Toxic survivors. Salty killers. Ugh

    I didn't understand why it was so popular at first. Now, seeing how someone starts to claim one thing under my discussion, but in reality everything turns out to be completely different, the situation becomes generally depressive. You also consider revealing it as harassment. I'm not even offended by your eternal accusations of trying to defend your own position, I'm just sad that someone has any motivation to behave this way in this game. As if admitting that you are tunneling is a taboo.

    Now you trying to defend yourself by pointing out how many hours I have. Well done…. At first, you still didn’t show killer stats about how many hours you have on killer. Second, does it matter how many hours you have, if your first post stating one thing, while on actual footage u playing absolutely different way, taking advantage of every of their mistake and tunnelling person out on 5 gens just cause his inexperienced teammates unhooked her close to you?

    I honestly don't want my gameplay to look like this... when I have the same amount of hours as you. At least I don’t want my opponents doing primitive mistakes on the begging of the match.

    You also had chance to finish all of this by either providing simple screenshots , or saying “I don’t need anything to prove”. Instead, you said u already proved enough (even more than any other person here, and was trying to analyse my words without any need. And I just checked what proofs you already have and compared it to posts you commented here.

    Accusing others of a certain play style to discredit what they have as an opinion

    Your opinion on first post litteraly playing without need to do what included your actual playstyle. Certain play style really matters in this discussion. Especially when instead of showing simple stats person hide it and put their stream with pure game style as valid “proof”


    Assuming other peoples MMR to discredit what they have as an opinion

    Yes, because you yourself a lot of times considered me as new player. Yes, because MMR actually defines how simple game is. Yes, because you hide it. No need to assume exact MMR, cause SM stream the only showcase of your MMR on specific killer, and survivors there was giving you free pallets after taking hits, brought you to injured and hooked teammate, or unhooked in front of you. You yourself told it’s their fault, but if whole lobby plays like this, it actually reflects your MMR.


    Admitting that you dont want to engage in good faith with this quote "Do you really think after this I willl try to actually have decent arguement with you? "

    Yes. Because you build the whole image of your game style and it was a lie. Why people have to provide good faith when they were deceived and told they try to discriminate? You already put me in blameful position only because I was doubting your truth. And it was pretty emotional statement about how disappointed I was realising who I was trying to argue with all of this time.

  • Closing this thread as some comments have gone off-topic and heated. Thank you!

1 2 3 4 ›