I don't play during events
Dead by Daylight has the worst events I've ever seen, and consistently.
When I'm looking at what game to play for the day I remember that dbd has the event going and I'm like, no thanks.
Why do they make them so frustrating?
Comments
most of the ppl enjoy the events. ofc there will always be some that dont, but thats just a little percentage of the playerbase. so basically no one cares mate.
Its not the events fault. Its the games unbalance.
During events, people actually try to do stuff and the game isnt designed for that. It is designed for casual plebs sitting on a coach, not trying to actively win the game
Ever since the update in December I haven't really enjoyed the game as there have been too many technical issues or bad changes (such as hooks).
I thought nothing could be worse than the Halloween Event. I was sadly Mistaken. I felt i got a hell of a lot more points and items when they had more rewards to offer. It feels like they stretched how long it takes to get a reward this event due to their being so few. I would have preferred to get one cosmetic within 2-3 games and only be allowed a full set aka 3 pieces. This version of the event makes me hate events even more.
Why such hate for the event? I personally enjoy it, trying to be stealthy with that glow is thrilling.
This is not how I would categorize things. Most of the toxic players come out for certain events, especially this one. I hate when they run these ill-executed events. It is obvious they never had a conversation about how their toxic player base might exploit aspects of it. Such as, 5 killers have no DC'ed tonight when we are about to escape with lanterns. Or, countless survivors DC when it is obvious they won't escape. Why? Deny the killer that 2 point hook and potential lantern hit.
Bah, I hate these events and tend to stay away. I'm finished with this one. Got one outfit and will wait till it is over.
I dont know if this is because of the event or bad luck but this event i have been facing a TON of DCs, not only as a killer but as a survivor, just about 30 minutes ago 2 SWF players suddenly decided they didnt like the map or something and THEY BOTH ALLOWED THE KILLER TO KILL THEM, i am fed up of this kind of situations, i cant play as survivors because it has gotten way to hard to find a decent lobby
Why is this event frustrating? Do gens and leave, get points. Hook people as killer, get points.
This event isn't even an effort. You're doing the exactly the same thing when playing normally.
Too many people are used to farming with the killer during events. Now that they want to play normally during an event, it's toxic.
The frustration is in how many killers and survivors are acting. I can't tell you how many killers have flat out said they only care about denying survivors points. They'll camp, tunnel, mori, do whatever to stop them from geting them. I've never seen so many insidious campers in a 48 hr period. Add in the survivors that are sandbagging and avoiding gens in order to play for hatch...this event is horrid.
At first I was hating the event cause I was trying for maximum point as killer but later relaxed to just mess around and try a few wraith builds. Loving silent wraith, everyone becomes immersed once they figure it out but no one seems to know how to deal with it too well, then again I am rank 3 though I do manage to grab some rank 10s to 5s every once in a while. Even give hatch if the game is good or if someone failed to load in.
I see this on a daily basis. No different from an event. It's that you notice it more because your grinding for something and someone is denying you of that.
I'll mori, slug, tunnel and camp if it comes to that for the 4K. Has nothing to do with the event.
Devs didn’t do that much of a bad job during this one despite the fact that survivors get more points but that’s truly it. I think the reason why survivors get more points has to be because there’s only 2 skins overall for survivors while there’s only 1 skin for killer. That’s my guess at least.
This event can be ignored regardless! Gens will still be done and killers will still hook. Halloween Blight event was almost unplayable and I’m glad that it was over.
However I did enjoy the small lore they gave during each day as it passed and how hooks looked, etc. It’s just how it was played that bothered me.