What do YOU think BHVR is going to do to address tunneling?

With the announcement of Phase 2 looming, HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT….FIRE AWAYYYYY

Comments

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3954044#Comment_3954044

    I'm not expecting it, I'm actually fully expecting them to put in something barely noticeable that doesn't address the issue, then nerf even that after people like you complain provide feedback. That's exactly what happened with AFC, and we're still waiting for something meaningful to be done about camping.

    There's this weird disconnect currently, where if survivors are standing still and doing nothing, even as a "strategy" (stealth) it's punished by crows, and they even put Depip, Derank, disconnect penalty on top of even that.

    Yet if the killer is standing still, doing nothing, even as a "strategy" (camping), you seem to expect and demand that nothing be done.

    I recall something about wanting consistency in another thread from you specifically. So maybe you should try that yourself sometime.

    That's exactly where the AFK crows are now, so that sounds fair to me.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3953743#Comment_3953743

    The problem is a lot of survivors want to punish or prevent killers from camping, but also want to be able to hide far away from generators when the killer leaves a hooked survivor to patrol the map.

    Survivors in a SWF want the hooked survivor to warn their teammates that the killer left the hook, so all the other survivors can pre-leave the generators to hide, and create a situation where they get a free unhook, but the killer doesn't find anyone else to chase. These survivors want to weaponize anti-camping to get free unhooks.

    That's a serious overgeneralization. Most swfs are not doing this. Lots of them do use comms to call out the killer's position, but relatively few just hide for the entire match. I wrote more, but deleted it because I don't think this is a serious discussion.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3953871#Comment_3953871

    That's a serious overgeneralization. Most swfs are not doing this. Lots of them do use comms to call out the killer's position, but relatively few just hide for the entire match. I wrote more, but deleted it because I don't think this is a serious discussion.

    I never said most SWFs are hiding the entire match.

    I said there are a lot of SWFs, that when the killer leaves the hook, the hooked survivor will warn their teammates that the killer left the hook, AND AT THAT POINT, all the other survivors hide far away from generators, because they are waiting for the killer to be far away enough from the hooked survivor, for them to get a free unhook.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3953938#Comment_3953938

    The AFK crows were nerfed so badly, that a survivor can hide for over 20 minutes, by opening 1 chest. Yes, I think the phase 2 anti-camping mechanic should be equally useless, for the sake of equality.

    Expecting killers to move very far away from a hooked survivor, to find someone else to chase, when everyone else is hiding far away from generators, is the skewed take. Why should a killer leave a hooked survivor, to patrol the generators, if none of the other survivors are repairing generators?

    If nobody is doing generators then nobody’s escaping. If your argument is that winning that way is too slow or boring, well - so is getting camped or tunneled.

    There has to be some way for both sides of a match to be able to accomplish SOMETHING that makes them feel like they had a chance to do anything without unbalancing things.

  • They don't see it as an issue. They have said that tunneling is a viable tactic so I don't see them changing it anymore than they already have (base BT and endurance after hook)

  • maybe make the unhooked survivor immune ( having no hitbox ) for 15 to 20 seconds . On a positive this means they can't bodyblock for the unhooker . So now you basically have to go for the Unhooker

1 … 4 5 6 ›