Remove the hook changes

So much for strategy (Mandy full out lied about this). There's no helping the last survivor if you're the one on the hook - fresh.

Just had a match where 2 of my mates died, I got first hooked & the game was clearly over. We weren't going to win, let alone tie. So I tried helping the last survivor out and dying so they could possibly get hatch.

It took me 5 missed skill checks & by the time I died, she was in chase and proceeded to go down as well. Please revert this. Nobody asked for this.

Comments

  • @Volcz said:

    So much for strategy (Mandy full out lied about this). There's no helping the last survivor if you're the one on the hook - fresh.

    Just had a match where 2 of my mates died, I got first hooked & the game was clearly over. We weren't going to win, let alone tie. So I tried helping the last survivor out and dying so they could possibly get hatch.

    It took me 5 missed skill checks & by the time I died, she was in chase and proceeded to go down as well. Please revert this. Nobody asked for this.

    the probability of reverting this is low I don't play the game because I sure as hell expected such bullshit to occur. I guess just enjoy the fact you get to be forced to watch the obvious ending of the match. Nobody gets to quit for any reason anymore without a penalty. Behaviour did a pretty good job so far :D

  • The only thing they need to bring back is the possibility to let yourself get sacrificed on the hook with two missed skill checks only when there is two survivors left.

    Made a suggestion of it few days ago.

    @Wezqu said:

    I would want to state that in my opinion the new changes to the self-unhook are good but there is some things that need to be ironed out as with some other additions they did.

    I am suggesting to bring back the insta-sacrifice on hook after missing two skill checks in a row in the situation if there is only two survivors left. It does not make sense to force the last survivor who might be hurt to hide the whole second stage hook duration because trying to unhook most likely will only end up with him and the other guy getting downed and nobody even having chance to escape. This would not anyway make anyone go next and the feature was meant originally to help in this situation to not drag the end of the match out too long and maybe give the last survivor the chance of getting the hatch. The removal of this was too hasty I understand removing it from any other situation but why punish the clearly lost match to drag longer for nothing.

    So in short bring back insta-sacrifice after missing two skillchecks on the hook in situation where there is only two survivors left for quality of life.

  • They're slowly killing off their playerbase. I'm hopeful for another video game company creating an asymmetrical horror game which replaces this garbage game. One that doesn't fail and is fun to play. It is desperately needed.

  • I hope you are kidding, these changes are the best we have had my team-mates don't die on hook anymore because they dont think we can win and we actually win a lot more often now. its fantastic. Why would I not love these changes?

  • @Emeal said:

    I hope you are kidding, these changes are the best we have had my team-mates don't die on hook anymore because they dont think we can win and we actually win a lot more often now. its fantastic. Why would I not love these changes?

    Yeah they went the right direction but some fine tuning is till needed.

  • You know that guy who struggles on hook, even though there's no chance of winning? It's annoying that they don't have the game-sense to die and let you get hatch?

    I found them:

    @Emeal said:

    I hope you are kidding, these changes are the best we have had my team-mates don't die on hook anymore because they dont think we can win and we actually win a lot more often now. its fantastic. Why would I not love these changes?

  • @brewingtea said:

    You know that guy who struggles on hook, even though there's no chance of winning? It's annoying that they don't have the game-sense to die and let you get hatch?

    I found them:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947828#Comment_3947828

    You can just hide in a locker or unhook me like someone who has bravery.