GlitchTrap is currently P2W

I'm pretty fed up with the direction this game is taking, with the release of straight-out Pay 2 Win skins for various killers that alter their sound effects to be nonexistent. GlitchTrap is another skin to add to the list of outfits you can purchase that remove sound. What makes this skin worse is the fact that the devs could not code Freddy to be visible after using doors, allowing this skin with minimal sound effects to get free hits and grabs because you cannot see or hear them.

Comments

  • Freddy can use doors now? Freddy Krueger mains cannot stop winning

  • @CruelLimits1982 said:

    Freddy can use doors now? Freddy Krueger mains cannot stop winning

    The animatronic. I couldn't care less for what the character is truly called. I thought it was Freddy Fazbear, since I'm not interested in FNAF. Without a doubt, this skin will receive a nerf in the future after they've sold enough of this slop. Invisibility + no sound can be yours for the low price of $14.75.

  • I thought of that too.

    He has an advantage over normal Springtrap.

  • Comparison:

    18 seconds · Clipped by HeXaGoN · Original video "Springtrap's Glitchtrap Skin is Actually Pay to Win" by Hens333

    Springtrap footsteps are loud compare to LEGENDARY skin.
    Why should i buy a skin, when i want to play base Springtrap/
    Its like with Demo Nemesis and Dredge. When you can hear directly where they are going, in undetectable/
    This wont help you to be quite stealthy you know?

    This isnt a bug, it's a character design mistake, that is affecting my matches.

  • @LordHeXaGoN said:

    Comparison:

    https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx9u77sbGL5fLRAJl1KHRK-e2d7pNzYuSI?si=RKKsopnk_KWG7PP5

    Springtrap footsteps are loud compare to LEGENDARY skin.
    Why should i buy a skin, when i want to play base Springtrap/
    Its like with Demo Nemesis and Dredge. When you can hear directly where they are going, in undetectable/
    This wont help you to be quite stealthy you know?

    This isnt a bug, it's a character design mistake, that is affecting my matches.

    The problem is that it makes sense why one's loud and the other isn't. Yet it's still an issue.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/448257/why-glitchtrap-skin-is-pay-2-win-base-springtrap-footsteps-are-very-loud

    The problem is that it makes sense why one's loud and the other isn't. Yet it's still an issue.

    I know one is a virus, and other have metal parts/ Still dont get it, that some killers are loud in undetectable. If i remember correctly that after dredge QoL buffs they made them quiter?

  • @LordHeXaGoN said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3944978#Comment_3944978

    I know one is a virus, and other have metal parts/ Still dont get it, that some killers are loud in undetectable. If i remember correctly that after dredge QoL buffs they made them quiter?

    They could either make normal Springtrap quieter, or make Glitchtrap's glitching louder to compensate for the lack of metallic footsteps.

    I'd be more in favor of the latter option, personally.

  • I hope they fix it, in the sense of making their footsteps quieter, because what's the point of undetectable if the survivors can hear you coming anyway?

  • They really need to make it louder, otherwise is blatantly p2w. Want to get a competitive advantage for your character? Here is a 15$ skin that removes audio cues for your opponents. First it was were elk, then tomie and now glitchtrap.

  • I'm just gonna post this video with Springtrap footsteps and two examples of Glitchtrap footsteps, and the visualizations of the audio from those footsteps, and ask how that's not pay-to-win. (Edited for typo)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpt69uCen40 0618 (1)(1).png 0618 (1)(2).png 0618 (1)(3).png
  • @CruelLimits1982 said:

    Freddy can use doors now? Freddy Krueger mains cannot stop winning

    TTruly a time to be a Freddy main.

  • @Shirtless_Myers said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3944936#Comment_3944936

    The animatronic. I couldn't care less for what the character is truly called. I thought it was Freddy Fazbear, since I'm not interested in FNAF. Without a doubt, this skin will receive a nerf in the future after they've sold enough of this slop. Invisibility + no sound can be yours for the low price of $14.75.

    You may not care, but saying a completely different killer's name will confuse the point you're trying to say considering the only killer with the name Freddy is completely unrelated to the chapter and can't interact with doors. Would be no different than posting this but saying Onryo. Thay being said, I 100% agree with your point. No skin should give an audible advantage over the other.

  • survivor feet noise change depending on the type of shoe. is that not the case here? glitchtrap is a fuzzy bunny suit i think since it's not real whereas Springtrap is a huge clunking bot.

    is it pay to win? yeah, that's just physics. how is that different from sandals clopping, or Asian girls making high pitched moaning? there are going to be some biological/physiological differences that set some characters apart.

    survivors can change outfits for better stealth too. where's the controversy for people trying to change Sables default hair?

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    survivor feet noise change depending on the type of shoe. is that not the case here? glitchtrap is a fuzzy bunny suit i think since it's not real whereas Springtrap is a huge clunking bot.

    is it pay to win? yeah, that's just physics. how is that different from sandals clopping, or Asian girls making high pitched moaning? there are going to be some biological/physiological differences that set some characters apart.

    survivors can change outfits for better stealth too. where's the controversy for people trying to change Sables default hair?

    A more comparable situation is when Claudette had her L4D2 black shirt changed because it was too difficult to see her. I'm not sure how somebody can defend a killer that can get free grabs and hits because they turn invisible, and the skin makes them essentially silent. This is pure P2W as it gives an advantage over the base killer as long as you pay money into it.

  • I noticed this, too.

    I do love Glitchtrap's design, but I have a significantly harder time versing him. Even at loops to have any idea what they're doing. I didn't originally make a thread, because I wasn't able to test it manually (don't own the skin), but it's super obvious when going against Glitchtrap.

    Not only that, but the reduced range + the harder to hear sound make Glitchtrap brutal on maps where you cannot see the doors front plate.

  • Well, survivors are having this for years and yet to be changed even tho promised. (Kinda annoyed about that as Jeff main)

    I don't really care about GlitchTrap's sound volume, I just like he doesn't scream…

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    survivor feet noise change depending on the type of shoe. is that not the case here? glitchtrap is a fuzzy bunny suit i think since it's not real whereas Springtrap is a huge clunking bot.

    is it pay to win? yeah, that's just physics. how is that different from sandals clopping, or Asian girls making high pitched moaning? there are going to be some biological/physiological differences that set some characters apart.

    survivors can change outfits for better stealth too. where's the controversy for people trying to change Sables default hair?

    Exactly. Also Ada is SUPER quiet. Orela, is very quiet. Not to mention for me personally I have no issues hearing Glitch trap.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Suggestionator said:

    I think they fixed Orela and Ada awhile ago no?

    @MechWarrior3

    No. If they did I can't tell a difference.

  • Nothing changed/
    2 patches already went live and nope.
    They dont think thats an issue.
    Welp i bought glitchtrap.
    And sometimes i can grab surviviors from a gen LOL.
    On springtrap this would never happend.