Abandon matches to early

Hey guys,

Sorry if I ride a dead horse here but it is kinda frustrating.

I am happy that toxic things like 4 minute slug of all Survivors can be avoided with the abandon mechanic but should it really be instantly?

Following Situation:

I got hooked for the first time in the match and two teammates went down against a Bubba recovering beneath my hook. Last Teammate goes down other side of the map and I am like "Watch guys, I do the 4% and pick you up." The next thing I knew was a complete rush of adrenalin and a loud OMG by myself cause i really hit the 4%!!!

Amazing come back story incoming!!!…


but the Problem was that the last Teammate went down and 3 people instantly dced….

I was alone with 3 bots vs the Killer. (I couldnt abandon the game there because I was standing.)

So my Question, should Abandon be instant avaiable or would a short delay make a huge difference.

Comments

  • This is such a niche situation, especially because the 4% will be removed. But I have to say, even if they would have stayed in the game, it is very unlikely that you would recover from 4 people being in the dying state or on the Hook. Most likely the Killer would have just go after you again before doing anything else.

  • Hey there,

    ofcourse it´s a niche situation but aren´t comeback storys supposed to be niche and not the norm?

    Even without the 4% there are more things that could happen.

    I could have Deliverance or slippery meat.

    And to be clear i don´t say remove the abandon, but eventually give it like a group vote or 10 second timer?

  • @Leon_van_Straken said:

    Hey there,

    ofcourse it´s a niche situation but aren´t comeback storys supposed to be niche and not the norm?

    Even without the 4% there are more things that could happen.

    I could have Deliverance or slippery meat.

    And to be clear i don´t say remove the abandon, but eventually give it like a group vote or 10 second timer?

    ofcourse it´s a niche situation but aren´t comeback storys supposed to be niche and not the norm?

    They sound great as stories, but when you've been in the situation many times and you see improvement in these scenarios well under 1% of the time, you just want to move on.

    And to be clear i don´t say remove the abandon, but eventually give it like a group vote or 10 second timer?

    How would those have improved the situation? The others still vote to leave and all a 10 second timer does is extend things 10 seconds. The chance that something has happened in those 10 seconds that will actually alter the course of the match is incredibly unlikely.

  • My two cents is that there should be no abandon or disconnect penalty. Since the Abandon option was added to the gameplay, the rate of incidents of disconnects by survivors and killers in matches I have played has soared dramatically.

  • Lucky for you, this won't be a problem next update because they're completely removing the 4%.