Hexes
They are weak, and can be destroyed by survivors. Don't you think it is unfair? They have much stronger perks, and they are not connected to hexes. To balance it you can:
- Remove hexes from the game and make hex perks a normal perks
- When survivor destroys a hex totem, one perk from every survivor is removed as well.
- Connect Self Care, Sprint Burst, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, OoO and Decisive Strike to something like hex (something killer can bash and destroy).
Comments
But you don’t want a buff to WGLF, because that’s too radical and overpowered compared to this....
Are you mad about this WGLF?
No, just saying your priorities are for your benefit exclusively. Also, this would make knockout a WAY WORSE version of third seal.
And third seal would just overly punish solo survivors, who have a stat survival rate of 30%. It would t effect SWF either, so this is a bad idea
Maybe because you want to buff already overpowered survivors?
@RSB
If you read any of the posts I made you’d know otherwise. I, many times have advocated killer buffs, gave ideas, etc. but simply because I don’t align with your painful bias, I’m automatically a bad guy. No, I don’t want to “buff overpowered survivors” I want to make all perks useful, but in general I think SWF should be nerfed. But if survivors are nerfed, then solo queue would die. I made a solution to this, you can read it under my balance thread.
No. Not really. They are only weak because they can be found easily.
I've seen suggestions where killers get to place the hex totem. (dull totems are still randomized)
Takes a lot of work out of trying to code proper hidden placement which will inevitably sometimes fail.
Yyyhhh, no, I do not want to read it, I've made a topic about it too. And my painful bias? Nice, you know more about me than I know. I play 50/50, but as you wish.
At the first look it is a nice concept, but then you will still have one mediocre killer perk which can be destroyed, versus 4 survivors' perks, that are way better and can't be destroyed.
Hex perks aren’t mediocre effect wise. Yeah they get destroyed easy, but the actual effect is strong
Ill just copy and paste it here then.
@RSB
Survivor balance is in a pickle, no ALL balance is in a pickle right now. Lots of people say looping, camping, etc. are really big problems...but why aren't they being tackled?
The only "strong" hexes are Ruin and Devour Hope, but they are not strong, because they are destroyed under one minute from the start of the game. NOED is meh, it should not be hex, and the rest perks are just trash, I do not know why they are hexes anyway. With this logic even Bitter Murmur, or Territorial Imperative should be hexes as well.
Yes, it is.
@RSB
These are WITHOUT CONSIDERING BEING DESTROYED (which is what I said but you immediately mentioned being destroyed makes them weak... so reading is pretty meh. Devour hope and ruin you said are strong. Third seal makes SWF a bit harder, and solo and instant fresh hell. Lullaby and thrill are actually weak, I can agree on that. NOED is strong, and just like d-strike, both are stupid in concept rewarding failure.
@RSB
Any critiques for my idea?
It is one of 2 ways into balancing this game.
I mentioned your bias, gonna point out mine for obviously liking my idea more than yours, but here’s my reasoning. Quite simply, if my idea was inplemented, it would fix the problem at the root, he game would only need to be balanced once. And people may even forget SWF as a threat. That’s if it’s executed PERFECTLY “we know it won’t, due to the skill floor being in the depths of hell. Your idea is good, but would cause something similar to removing SWF, in that matchmaking would be hurt, bad. Along with complaints and less money.
I know this from other games with voice chat. This won't solve anything, most of solo players are still gonna have less chances of surviving, than SWF.
I disagree with this. It will change everything if solo queues get voice chat. If they decide not to use voice chat then that is on them and them alone.
And with voice chat there might be lot of toxicity. + there are some cases when people can't behave properly and they may scream etc. which would cause people not to hear in-game sounds, unless there would be an option to mute other people.
But if you're in chase, you don't have a chance of muting people. Or if you're in struggle state. Doing gens is also not a time to mute people - you have to hold M1 (or whatever you binded) to do gens after all.
I'm all for a hex totems rework. But this is just going too far in the buffs for me.