My PTB Feedback
Honestly, its just kinda mid.
the map is alright, kinda disappointed by the lack of creativity. really hoping there would be a unique map mechanic similar to the Alien map. would've been cool to see security doors players could shut to force the killer to take a longer path. however its not a big deal.
my main issue with the new chapter is the killer and his power.
his fire axe just gives him too many opportunities for free hits.
Vaulting a window, faking a vault on a window, vaulting a pallet, faking a vault on a pallet, throwing a pallet, greeding a pallet, moving to a new tile all result in free hits. only time I've encountered a Springtrap player who misses their axe throws are players who are just not good/still learning, whether it be because they're new to projectile killers, or playing killer in general.
I feel like they need to nerf his projectile speed, or increase the wind up time for his axe along with increasing the time to put his axe away. along with a decrease to his axe's hit box, or better hit detection because there has been so many times where his axe visually should've whiffed but still got the hit.
His Security doors are mid, there's really no reason for survivors to use them. my biggest issue with them is Springtrap's ability to just suddenly appear through them. there's a lot of situations where using his door just provides a free hit because his door is too close to a gen.
some issues I've encountered with the PTB are Springtrap's axe doesn't actually have a projectile. it looks more like a hitscan. Survivors literally cannot see his axe until its embedded in the terrain, or in their back. I've also noticed that there's some sort of filter that gets applied to the survivor's screen that just generally darkens everything and disappears when hooked, and sometimes reappears when getting unhooked.
another thing I've noticed, which I don't know if its mechanic, misspelling or whatever it is, but his power says survivors need a line of sight to reveal him from the cameras, however the cameras can reveal him through walls. I don't know if that's a bug, or intentional.
Edit: Another thing they really need to change is to reduce the sound of his footsteps, or improve the dampening of sounds through walls. its way to easy for survivors to loop him on tall wall tiles because you can just hear his footsteps through a wall.
Comments