Few Suggestions

Hex Changes: I think hex perks shouldn't glow until they're actually activated, kinda like how play thing wont light up till hooked or even how Face the Darkness won't proc till a hit. We just keep all totems dull until activated. Devour lights up at 2 stacks, crowd control lights up at first fast vault, blood favor first hit, undying lights up when you walk past a dull, thrill lights up first hit etc. etc. I just think it'd be a nice change of pace instead of survivor spawning in and a totem pops.

In addiction to Hex's I think its time to change up the spawn locations and spread them out like the swamp totems and if possible change what we can cleanse. Instead of totems we can have a mix of totems and a different thing like maybe like tree hexes.

Tiles: I believe we need more "set" tiles a lot of maps lack proper tiles granted it's likely do to rng. I've had maps where I'll get one jungle gym, and everything else was L and T walls. I just think it'd be helpful for both new players and current players, granted most people don't know how to properly loop or chain tiles

Which brings me to me thinking we need a dbd tutorial update for a basic "how to loop" for newer survivors so people aren't wasting the limited resource that we have. Which feels even more limited these days especially when maps have pallets spawn at the edge of the map

Adding to the tutorial I also believe adding a vs to every (bot) killer we can possible in at least customs would be a nice touch as well and even if we couldn't get all of them.

I also believe bots need an update. I understand you don't want to make super bots where its almost impossible to catch them, if not impossible (thinking about it, it sounds fun a little bot challenge of "impossible bots"). But the fact most bots will vault a window then back into you or just crouch and stay crouched needs to be studied. I've seen bots run in circles in the corner of the map. Only reason I ask or say is for the people that do dc and leave a bot. I've been in and have pled with/against people who would just leave bots on hook.

Map tweaks or addictions: This is just more so something I would like personally, granted yes this whole thing is opinionated, I wouldn't mind if we got either a random map dropped on us without it being a chapter or even a new map variation. Feels like I play a lot of dbd and I just get the same maps or I'll play for hours and never even see some maps. Can't tell you the last time I've played on Autohaven or Mcmillians and those are some of my favorite maps to play on.

DBD is by no means a perfect game but I know they're trying which is funny because anything before the 6.0 update we would bash them for not listening to the player base. Can't say I always have fun but I'm always trying to improve even with my little 3-4k hours

Comments

  • I agree that the Hexes need help and that tutorials should be improved.

  • Big no. Hexes are meant to be high risk and high reward. From your opinion blood favor which is actually very strong perk and grew in popularity being lit after first hit would not have much difference either. Perks like Ruin, Undying, Devour Hope must be cleansable since start game as they have very high impact on the game flow and game result. The nature of hexes like other perks is not to guarantee you minimum value across all games. I mentioned it in one post lately. I love vault/haste builds, but i count that i might end up on Gideon or RPD where you gonna have minimum value from those perks. If you experience early cleanses of totems there are also other options you can run to prevent early cleanses (the dracula perk, undying, thrill of the hunt)… or you can use those cleanses to activate pentimento.

    The scenario you want to pinpoint is where survivors spawn on the lit totem. This will also be shadow buffed be new spawn logic.

    @Host_yu said:

    Hex Changes: I think hex perks shouldn't glow until they're actually activated, kinda like how play thing wont light up till hooked or even how Face the Darkness won't proc till a hit. We just keep all totems dull until activated. Devour lights up at 2 stacks, crowd control lights up at first fast vault, blood favor first hit, undying lights up when you walk past a dull, thrill lights up first hit etc. etc. I just think it'd be a nice change of pace instead of survivor spawning in and a totem pops.

    In addiction to Hex's I think its time to change up the spawn locations and spread them out like the swamp totems and if possible change what we can cleanse. Instead of totems we can have a mix of totems and a different thing like maybe like tree hexes.

    Tiles: I believe we need more "set" tiles a lot of maps lack proper tiles granted it's likely do to rng. I've had maps where I'll get one jungle gym, and everything else was L and T walls. I just think it'd be helpful for both new players and current players, granted most people don't know how to properly loop or chain tiles

    Which brings me to me thinking we need a dbd tutorial update for a basic "how to loop" for newer survivors so people aren't wasting the limited resource that we have. Which feels even more limited these days especially when maps have pallets spawn at the edge of the map

    Adding to the tutorial I also believe adding a vs to every (bot) killer we can possible in at least customs would be a nice touch as well and even if we couldn't get all of them.

    I also believe bots need an update. I understand you don't want to make super bots where its almost impossible to catch them, if not impossible (thinking about it, it sounds fun a little bot challenge of "impossible bots"). But the fact most bots will vault a window then back into you or just crouch and stay crouched needs to be studied. I've seen bots run in circles in the corner of the map. Only reason I ask or say is for the people that do dc and leave a bot. I've been in and have pled with/against people who would just leave bots on hook.

    Map tweaks or addictions: This is just more so something I would like personally, granted yes this whole thing is opinionated, I wouldn't mind if we got either a random map dropped on us without it being a chapter or even a new map variation. Feels like I play a lot of dbd and I just get the same maps or I'll play for hours and never even see some maps. Can't tell you the last time I've played on Autohaven or Mcmillians and those are some of my favorite maps to play on.

    DBD is by no means a perfect game but I know they're trying which is funny because anything before the 6.0 update we would bash them for not listening to the player base. Can't say I always have fun but I'm always trying to improve even with my little 3-4k hours

  • @Elan said:

    Big no. Hexes are meant to be high risk and high reward. From your opinion blood favor which is actually very strong perk and grew in popularity being lit after first hit would not have much difference either. Perks like Ruin, Undying, Devour Hope must be cleansable since start game as they have very high impact on the game flow and game result. The nature of hexes like other perks is not to guarantee you minimum value across all games. I mentioned it in one post lately. I love vault/haste builds, but i count that i might end up on Gideon or RPD where you gonna have minimum value from those perks. If you experience early cleanses of totems there are also other options you can run to prevent early cleanses (the dracula perk, undying, thrill of the hunt)… or you can use those cleanses to activate pentimento.

    The scenario you want to pinpoint is where survivors spawn on the lit totem. This will also be shadow buffed be new spawn logic.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/446705/few-suggestions

    I understand some of them wouldn't make a major difference but it'd be something nice to have as a change of pace. At the very least we new spawn locations would be an amazing touch in itself

  • I completely agree with the Hex change. Hex perks are incredibly inconsistent themselves, but the fact that a Survivor can just cleanse your Hex at the start of the trial without even a chance to defend it in dumb. Hex perks would obviously have to be balanced with this change in mind, but it's a worth trade.

    Though buffing Hexes this way makes me think totem spawns shouldn't be altered. Sure they are not consistent, but that's exactly what the other change fixes. Hexes shouldn't take 2000 hours of map knowledge to find.

    Devour Hope should probably activate when you gain the first token though, it's really powerful if Survivors can't stumble upon it early enough.

    Tutorials really need some attention. In addition to supposedly teaching new players, they give access to Wraith and David, so playing them should actually make sense.

    What I would add for tutorials includes:

    • Looping/Chasing
    • Survivor interactions and priority
    • Basic breakdowns of every single Killer