Am I the only one who's disappointed with Springtrap Power?

It's basically Huntress + Xenomorph LOL.

Honestly just from gameplay I feel like he's incredibly boring to play as… No new gameplay/mechanic to hype at all.

Anyone feels the same?

Comments

  • Unknown can't really do that, he can't aim straight up and uvx is programmed to go further horizontally the higher up u look regardless of real life physics

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3933741#Comment_3933741

    there were no leaks because there was nothing to leak apparently

    You just took me out with this comment my friend 🤣🤭

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Albanactus said:

    I just asked my son about the killer's axe, he is a FNaF obsessive and he says it has nothing to do with the lore and was really confused by it. Creatively an axe is not that bad an idea generally, but why on this killer? I wonder if they have made a big mistake with this, you surely can't just introduce random stuff, that's disrespectful to the FNaF fanbase and is surely a big gamble, for what reason? They want FNaF players to come across. How would Halloween fans feel if Mikey had a chainsaw, or Nightmare fans if Freddie had a machine gun or a Rambo knife?! BHVR must have some quality control person who understands this kind of thing, they've got a lot of money at stake, yet they've OKed it. Is this the staff purge biting them back again?

    SpringTrap shares the same problem as Pyramid Head. Neither of them has shown to use anything really from their respective games so DBD has to create something original yet still faithful to what they would use. I always expected he would use a fire axe, but was rather surprised how he uses it.

    The fire axe made it's first big appearance in a YouTube video by "Living Tombstone" a FNAF3 music animation video that William uses to destroy the 4 animatronics. Its been mostly a fan concept as a choice of weapon he would use and Scott just went with it since he really enjoyed the fan made works. He's also been trapped inside a burning building 3 times so a fire axe be a great v option as a weapon and a tool if he gets trapped again.

  • I was very disappointed when Springtrap's power got revealed because it seemed like a mix of Huntress, Dredge/Xeno, and Unknown, which didn't fit the character from FNAF (IMO). His power wasn't what I expected, but he is still extremely fun and different enough from the other killers to enjoy him a lot, so I'm satisfied. He will be my new main, and I will get him to P100.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Im not a huge FNAF fan but I'm excited. I really like his voice lines with the original voice actor. Definitely excited to play as him.

    To me the ace is fun to use! I like the idea of it staying in a survivor until it's pulled out

  • Also, let's not forget that the Huntress' power was already kind of recycled into two other killers. Both the Deathslinger and the Trickster already felt like a Huntress with extra steps… and as if that wasn't enough, now we have a killer that looks like a Huntress with only one hatchet. And while Deathslinger's at least feels like a different kind of ranged attack that has a very similar function, Springtrap's axe throws looks way too much like a Huntress hatchet throw. The area of effect created around the axe and the ability to pick it up again are nice and at least they add something different, but aren't enough to stop this ability from looking like the Huntress' power inserted on another killer.

1 2 ›