Game crashes, turning my screen black and forcing me to restart.

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: The game unexpectedly crashes despite running smoothly, freezing at a random moment and causing my screen to go entirely pitch black and unresponsive, forcing me to force-close my entire computer. I am not sure what causes the error, my main theory being Steam chat, since I do use it often to communicate between friends, and it had coincidentally been launched by me before freezing, although I'm not entirely sure, since I've had it happen no matter what I did. This issue is exclusive to DBD only, so I don't think it's a PC-based problem. I am hoping for some kind of intervention, since it has rendered my game entirely unplayable, and I keep eating up penalties over things that are out of my power. I have tried many fixes, restarting my graphics card settings, updating my drivers, and so forth. I have not encountered something like that before in my 900 hours of playing. It happens regardless of what role I'm playing, occurring on both killer and survivor.

PLATFORM: STEAM/PC

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURRED:

  1. I load into a match, if the game lets me - since it often occurs the second I get into a round.
  2. I play a bit, only to be met with my game freezing entirely
  3. The screen turns pitch black, rendering my device entirely unresponsive

VIDEO: —

PLAYER LOGS: Found a way to access logs, zipped up my whole folder to toss here, apologies if that's more of a nuisance than help; I am not too tech-savvy. Those are the only crashes I've been expiriencing, so I figured they all concern the same issue.

Logs.zip

Comments

  • Positive it's steam chat that causes it, by this point, I've updated my BIOS thinking it might have something to do with this, but it mostly happens when I close steam chat, or open it.