BHVR really hates colorblind people

The new changes, the blue/purple is really killing me. at a glance I can't tell one from the other. Corn map, changing the colors unnecessarily and the red aura on corn map. I stg stop making changes NO ONE ASKED FOR which apparently keeps breaking your game and fix the things your player base is asking you to fix.

Comments

  • @Rawrbot5k said:

    The new changes, the blue/purple is really killing me. at a glance I can't tell one from the other. Corn map, changing the colors unnecessarily and the red aura on corn map. I stg stop making changes NO ONE ASKED FOR which apparently keeps breaking your game and fix the things your player base is asking you to fix.

    Yeah its been pretty difficult for me as well. I hope they swap it back or give ppl the option.

  • @Ace_Main said:

    They just shown to us that player accessibility is the lowest priority on their list.

    “Player accessibility is the lowest priority”?

    That’s generous.
    It still ranks above anticheat – which, by the look of things, is currently being developed exclusively in theory.

  • @Ace_Main said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3925021#Comment_3925021

    Oh, 100%—‘player accessibility’ is definitely prioritized… right above nothing and the void. But hey, at least it’s higher than the anti-cheat, which seems to be the abstract concept they're still working on in theory, as you said. We’ve had how many cheaters running rampant, while the devs are still busy ‘theorizing’ how to stop them? Meanwhile, accessibility changes get a half-baked update every six months, and the rest of the players are left to wonder if the devs even know how to balance the game for actual users. You’d think they’d be focused on making the game actually playable for everyone, not just tweaking perks for the 5% of players who don’t need them. Guess we’ll see when they theorize a real anti-cheat system… in 2027.

    Exactly. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the devs are just waiting for cheaters to burn out naturally, like a seasonal allergy.

    Meanwhile, accessibility changes roll out with the same urgency as a Windows XP update – unless you're a cheater, in which case everything still runs in real time.

    Theoretical anticheat research must be exhausting. Maybe they'll publish a paper before 2027.

  • Rip man I was wondering if the blue would hurt colorblind people even I was like "doesn't this kind of blue color hurt colorblind people the most"

  • @Senaxu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3925002#Comment_3925002

    “Player accessibility is the lowest priority”?

    That’s generous.
    It still ranks above anticheat – which, by the look of things, is currently being developed exclusively in theory.

    Crazy how we don't have a toggle sprint option yet, you'd think that would of been added back when they did that toggle interaction option for gens, healing, and cleansing totems years ago

  • If this change is for colorblind people, why not just change yellow to blue and call it a day? Why did they need to swap green around? I'd think this would have went down more smoothly if they had just done that.