Skull Merchant Rework pt.2
Main Criticisms:
-I'm not the best when it comes to balance stuff, so I'm more gonna talk about the FEEL of the power.
1.) The rework Concept does kind of feel a bit all over the place: the passive scanlines, detection, drone cameras, drone propulsion, claw traps, emp darts, AND the global scan. I feel like certain concepts/features could definitely be removed while keeping the power cohesive. Plus, imagine a new player trying to understand how to both play and face this killer.
2.) With how the drones work in this Rework (the camera and drone propulsion), Skull Merchants radar feels like it would be almost useless. Why would you wait for a survivor to be detected from the passive scan when you can use your drones as cameras to find them at anytime?
3.) This one is kinda a personal issue, but I kinda wish the “camera” aspect of the drones wasn't as intrusive as killers like singularity, pinhead, or houndmaster. Those killers really take you out of your gameplay loop while using their powers and i've always found that aspect about them unsatisfying. I would love it if the “camera” was somehow implemented into Skull Merchants radar.
4.) Because of how the drone propulsion works, being able to remove the Claw Trap on your own is really punishing for a drone that is destroyed when it hits anything. You could either make it so that:
A.) Drones ARE NOT destroyed on contact, but you CAN remove claw traps early
or
B.) Drones ARE destroyed on contact but you CAN’T remove Claw Traps early.
5.) Identity. I know you guys said that you're looking to go into a new direction with her, but I do wish that you could attempt to merge your current ideas with her current identity to help her still feel like Skull Merchant.
I don't know if I'm allowed to put links here, but I kinda wanted to spitball some ideas that address these criticisms, So I did a word document on my phone. You're free to steal anything you like ;).
Comments
This rework is bad. So bad.