Concept Feasibility - Playing with Corpses

I have several thoughts and ideas about Dead by Daylight, but I am not sure if they are “acceptable” to be considered in the first place. As a player, do you think/feel it is acceptable/kosher/okay if the “corpses” of in-game models were used in killer weapons/powers? I understand that GREAT CARE must be exercised to prevent another Claudette/Leatherface 2.0 situation — but I am curious what people think about the concept and the idea in itself.

I will provide an example, just for the sake of argument. Imagine a killer weapon like this, but it has Meg’s decapitated head at the end. Her head is covered in barbed wire and was badly wounded after death. Would that be acceptable? Or does that cross the line?

IMG_8204.jpeg

Comments

  • @WolfePhD said:

    I have several thoughts and ideas about Dead by Daylight, but I am not sure if they are “acceptable” to be considered in the first place. As a player, do you think/feel it is acceptable/kosher/okay if the “corpses” of in-game models were used in killer weapons/powers? I understand that GREAT CARE must be exercised to prevent another Claudette/Leatherface 2.0 situation — but I am curious what people think about the concept and the idea in itself.

    I will provide an example, just for the sake of argument. Imagine a killer weapon like this, but it has Meg’s decapitated head at the end. Her head is covered in barbed wire and was badly wounded after death. Would that be acceptable? Or does that cross the line?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VL5SEHCSPAI8/img-8204.jpeg

    I mean we're playing a horrorgame for people over the age of 18 (at least it has that rating in some stores in germany, in many other it doesn't even seem to have one lol. Means in theorie you could play that with 6 xD), because of that I don't see a reason to pretend that dbd has to stay on verge of 16 if even. I see your thoughts about the rasicm part tho, but that shouldn't stop them from using killer-/powerdesigns altogether, regulations regarding this should be harder and that's it.

    I would find this weapon really funny to use, maybe the weaponsound could be a distorted bitingsound of the survivor you have as head on the weapon xD

  • Won't happen, exactly because of Leatherface Face Mask Situation (btw. I never heard of this "issue" before they announced to remove the Face Masks back then). BHVR will play it safe.

  • @Pizzaman said:

    Won't happen, exactly because of Leatherface Face Mask Situation (btw. I never heard of this "issue" before they announced to remove the Face Masks back then). BHVR will play it safe.

    What if the killer skinned their victims, and then patched their skin together like a quilt on the skull? I used Meg as an example, but if multiple races were in the design — kinda feels like equal opportunity murdering to me.

  • In terms of "okay to be in the game" to use we'd say yes. It is a horror slasher game, plenty of things have done grievous harm with a body and could fit snuggly here.

    In terms of it actually coming to the game, probably not gonna happen. At best it would be something like your "quilt skull" but would be completely unrecognizable as anyone. Alternatively, they use something like bones, something that could belong to anyone/anything. Whack someone over the head with a femur or something.

  • I mean sure as long as they're not into necrophilia, right…right???