Please don't kill the foundation of your game.



Hey Behaviour Interactive,


I just wanna be real with you about the whole 20% map offering change—it seriously feels like a step in the wrong direction. Right now, the system is actually super fair. Both sides—killer and survivor—can throw in a map offering, and the game already splits the odds between them. On top of that, either side can use the cancel offering to block a map entirely. That’s balance. That’s choice. That’s strategy.


So… why fix what isn’t broken?


Dropping map offerings to just a 20% chance takes away one of the few bits of control we have before the match even starts. If I’m building a killer loadout that depends on a specific map—like Myers with indoor loops, or Trapper needing tight spaces—and I can’t rely on my offering, it kills the whole idea. Those builds become useless. That’s not just frustrating—it’s demotivating.


Veteran players especially are used to this system. We’ve been playing with it for years. Changing it now risks making the game feel unfamiliar and random in a bad way. People might just stop using offerings altogether, or worse—lose interest in playing regularly. And that hurts the entire community.


You already have systems that balance things out without needing to mess with offering percentages. Let each side throw in a map offering, let the odds split fairly, and let cancel offerings do their job. That’s already a solid setup that gives both sides a say while keeping things unpredictable enough.


Please rethink this change. It’s not just about stats—it’s about keeping the game fun, fair, and familiar for the people who’ve stuck with it the longest.



Thanks for all the hard work on the game. I just want to keep enjoying it the way I always have.


Much respect — A devoted DBD player who’d love to keep choosing maps without heartbreak.

Comments

  • @Smezll10 said:



    Hey Behaviour Interactive,


    I just wanna be real with you about the whole 20% map offering change—it seriously feels like a step in the wrong direction. Right now, the system is actually super fair. Both sides—killer and survivor—can throw in a map offering, and the game already splits the odds between them. On top of that, either side can use the cancel offering to block a map entirely. That’s balance. That’s choice. That’s strategy.


    So… why fix what isn’t broken?


    Dropping map offerings to just a 20% chance takes away one of the few bits of control we have before the match even starts. If I’m building a killer loadout that depends on a specific map—like Myers with indoor loops, or Trapper needing tight spaces—and I can’t rely on my offering, it kills the whole idea. Those builds become useless. That’s not just frustrating—it’s demotivating.


    Veteran players especially are used to this system. We’ve been playing with it for years. Changing it now risks making the game feel unfamiliar and random in a bad way. People might just stop using offerings altogether, or worse—lose interest in playing regularly. And that hurts the entire community.


    You already have systems that balance things out without needing to mess with offering percentages. Let each side throw in a map offering, let the odds split fairly, and let cancel offerings do their job. That’s already a solid setup that gives both sides a say while keeping things unpredictable enough.


    Please rethink this change. It’s not just about stats—it’s about keeping the game fun, fair, and familiar for the people who’ve stuck with it the longest.



    Thanks for all the hard work on the game. I just want to keep enjoying it the way I always have.


    Much respect — A devoted DBD player who’d love to keep choosing maps without heartbreak.

    Id mind this, if the maps were actually balanced. Otherwise, this just feels like a bandaid for long projects reworking old unbalanced maps.

  • I won't downvote because you make some valid points, however where I disagree is with the "fair" part, in reality map offerings are disproportionately used to stack the odds in the favor of the player using the offering, thereby removing the fairness out of the match.

  • It would be nice if rework came to maps with terrible balance like Lampkin Lane for Killer, Badam and Red Forest for Survivor, Ormond and Green Hill, Crow's Nest and Tova, and the balance became something that could be somewhat compromised!

  • Outside of the relatively rare achievement or trophy hunt, map offerings have for years been used to gain a large advantage to the role putting one up. As others have said, the imbalance of many maps is what drives these offerings to be used.

    To squash that as been a long time coming, and in the long run worth this change. A side effect will be the loss of many killer-specific builds that relied on getting a particular map, with Myers obviously taking the brunt of it.

  • It would be fair if maps like badham, garden of joy, eerie of crows and red forest didn’t exist, but they do, so it’s not. Especially with the vast majority of those problematic maps being survivor sided.

  • @krazy_ivan said:

    I won't downvote because you make some valid points, however where I disagree is with the "fair" part, in reality map offerings are disproportionately used to stack the odds in the favor of the player using the offering, thereby removing the fairness out of the match.

    This 💯