Houndmaster TR Layer 1 reused for The Ghoul

I'm not sure if anyone else has talked about this or even caught it but did Michel F April just reuse the Houndmaster TR layer 1/that one part in her menu theme that I can't quite put my finger on for the Ghoul? I'm 99.9% sure that's also why BHVR nerfed the Houndmaster's terror radius and kept the crappy one so now you can barely hear layer 1. If that's the case then that's really sad because Houndmaster had a really great theme and terror radius but the fact that Michel most likely was overworked and unable to come up with any other instruments for the Ghoul and thought the Houndmaster's layer 1 would be perfect. I hope BHVR can listen to this and make a change and maybe ask Michel to make a new terror radius that would be very fitting for the Houndmaster like she once had. I'm a huge fan of The Houndmaster and love her lore entirely even if others disliked The Houndmaster for her power and/or lore

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • Honestly I don't hear it. Yeah, they both feature strings but… that's it? Houndmaster's far TR music is literally just a creepy strings melody, while Kaneki has a much more frantic string background with a piano melody layered on top of it. Sure, they share the fact that they use strings, but that's sort of unavoidable

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Honestly I don't hear it. Yeah, they both feature strings but… that's it? Houndmaster's far TR music is literally just a creepy strings melody, while Kaneki has a much more frantic string background with a piano melody layered on top of it. Sure, they share the fact that they use strings, but that's sort of unavoidable

    I'm not talking about the entirety of the terror radius rather the instrument that was used to create the PTB/Old live layer 1 and if you "study" the music long enough there's one part of the Ghoul's menu theme that sounds exactly like a snippet from The Houndmaster's theme after the main heavy instrumental set. I think the instrument may be some sort of synthesizer/violin(?)-ish and once you know what I'm talking about you can see the similarities

    But if you do know what I'm talking about then my problem stems from the fact that The Houndmaster's terror radius got gutted because Michel needed to reuse the same instrument in order to create part of the Ghoul's menu theme/Layer 1 background instrument. Before you argue another reason there really is no reason to gut a masterpiece of a layer 1 for The Houndmaster unless you didn't want people drawing similarities between the two and complain about "recycling" the same theme