How do you think John Carpenters "The Thing" would be implemented?
If we were ever to see the Licensing for The Thing, I would be absolutely ecstatic.
The way I can imagine it is:
"The match begins. You and Meg start together and begin doing a Gen. Some time goes by and you notice that there hasn't been any signs of a Terror Radius.
Okay, a Stealth Killer, you think. Oh! Look it's the Dwight we saw in the pre-game lobby, nice we are close to getting this Gen done.
Wait, why is the progress bar even slower now? Why is it going down very slowly now? Skill Checks become a little bit more erratic and it just popped. Who did that?
Then suddenly Dwight gets off the Gen and he transforms into a fleshy and gory mess of tendrils and body parts taking the opportunity to begin chase."
I like the idea that you won't know who to trust. "The Thing" can take the form of any of the Survivors but is given a random Survivor at the start to try and fool people with. I feel as if it should include the exact Cosmetics they are wearing and possibly give the Killer the ability to Crouch so they can seem like a genuine Survivor.
Obviously the transformation is the buffer of time to get out of dodge, SWF will be interesting as communication is present and might count for some hilarious moments like "Wait, you're in Main?" and then the sudden realization of what might be occurring.
Perkwise, I was thinking maybe things revolving around regression and stealth, or just being in the terror radius in general. I'm not exactly sure how they could be implemented as the Devs are better at understanding the balance of the Game given Perk abilities.
Comments
One thing people would say is swfs could counter it too easily as theyd all pre run from eachother until they confirm its them over coms. But against randoms itd be effective. As for the random character at the start, i think itd help if the thing copies their current health state, taking advantage of players wanting to heal injured survivors by being able to instadown someone trying to heal them. Which would make randoms extremely weary of eachother and even avoid healing eachother lol