With haste stacking dead, clown addon idea that significantly buffs yellow/nerfs pink bottles.
Idea: New addon that makes clown's yellow bottles provide a much larger haste with a downside of making his pink bottles much weaker. Alternatively, it would make his yellow bottles even stronger and just remove his pink bottles.
This is a transformative addon much like Hag's Waterlogged Shoe (one of the most beloved addons in the entire game) that drastically alters his power.
Currently - yellow bottles gives 10% haste to clown and survivors and his pink bottles give survivors 15% hinder. Together that's an effective haste (or speed difference) of 25%. In my addon idea, yellow bottles would give at least 20% haste (definitely at least 18%) but his purple bottles would give much less, maybe 5%. In this example of yellow/purple giving 20/5 that's still a 25% speed difference. To make it worth an addon slot, the haste should be even bigger.
Why at least 18%?
18% would be the bare minimum to make it viable. With Cheap Gin Bottle (3% extra haste), it's currently very easy to get 18% haste stacking yellow base 10% + gin bottle 3% + any perk that gives 5% haste (easiest being 1 stack of PWYF). If you're going to remove haste stacking, you can safely make his yellow haste very strong without it being abusable through stacking with PWYF etc. For this addon to be viable and worth a slot, the haste should definitely be much higher than 18%.
Which addon do we replace?
Redhead's Pinkie Finger. Like most exposed addons, it's not a well designed addon. The fact it had to be nerfed to force max 1 bottle says that the exposed effect was too strong and unfun to play against and now not very fun to play either.
Alternatively. Sticky Soda Bottle (yellow, 2% extra haste). You could also buff his purple 3% haste addon Cheap Gin Bottle to absorb the deleted yellow addon. If it's too problematic with my addon idea, just don't allow them to work together. Shuffle around addon rarities as needed.
But won't this haste be OP?
Survivors can also benefit from yellow gas. Misuse of yellow bottles would make this addon actively detrimental.
But why though?
I enjoy playing yellow bottle only clown. I probably have a few hundred games on clown but I don't have the intoxicated downs achievement. I like playing around his yellows and stacking haste perks with it. My current build is Nemesis + Furtive Chase + Friends TTE + Game Afoot with Cheap Gin Bottle/Garish Make-Up Kit and I don't use pink bottles. If I'm going to lose haste stacking (like everything else I enjoy on the killer side in the last 6 months), I would love an addon that rewards me for fully playing into his yellow bottles.
Comments
Clown is one of the main offenders of this Haste stack change, so I'd really not like to deal with him zooming around quickly, a lot use it to tunnel with STBFL + Rapid and it's not great to go against.
I'm losing my fast wolf build on Dracula too, so I understand but they are not healthy for this game.
Well Rapid Brutality or any haste perks won't be relevant on clown unless the player is exclusively using pink bottles (which is irrelevant to this discussion).
If you're worried about clowns tunneling people out, pink bottles with its 15% hinder/forced medium vaults (medium vault = ignore endurance) will always be stronger than whatever yellow haste stacking rapid can do for you now.
Assuming the clown player does use their yellow bottles (which many, even major clown mains, almost never do) there will be zero reason to bring a haste perk. This change will instead encourage them to bring the stronger stbfl and slowdowns to tunnel someone out.
If this addon does swap the haste/hinder exactly (like yellow/purple giving 20/5) it'll still be weaker than current clown because A. yellow bottles have an activation delay (which makes yellow only much weaker on maps like Lery's and Hawkins) and B. survivors can also benefit from the gas and zoom around too.
Also whether or not haste stacking is unhealthy for the game (I don't think it is), it's fun and this update removes something fun.