Skill Check Safety Net
We have yet to see it in action, but for me this is one of the most exciting changes I can remember, lol.
I know there is some kind of bias in play, but I feel like well over half the time I let go of a gen I get hit with a ninja skill check, and it's the bane of my survivor existence (well, maybe behind teammates going next left and right).
I thank the dev team for this wonderful change pre-emptively (though if the fix doesn't work I reserve the right to retract that, lol).
Comments
When i was thinking of QOL this was one of things i was thinking about, im pleasently surprised they are trying to address it.
This is why I occasionally bring corrective action, sometimes it's because people can be surprisingly bad a skill checks but the other reason is to help prevent the random skill check
Agreed! I'm thrilled with this
Finally, aint nothing awful when a killer is coming and you sometimes got to release at the last second only for the skill check to appear. Next fix fast vaults!!!!!.
Yeah, this is also one of the things I am most excited about. This is something I have a problem with for years now, especially because they said at some point it is not a Bug that you get an auto-failed Skill Check when you stand up from a Gen.
Worst example was my SWF-Mate and myself repairing a Gen and we both needed to let go of it because the Killer arrived. We both got an auto-failed Skill Check, 20% Regression for nothing.
Theoretically, could I tap gens to never get a skill check?
We dont know how exactly it will be implemented, but it could be possible. However, it would be very slow to repair this way. And why would anyone even do that?
No reason at all, just to be funny I guess
I literally never even thought they would overthrow their poor choice of having an auto-failed skillcheck with a heavy regression penalty being a feature. Sometimes miracles do happen.