Kaneki smoothing out with MMR

A friend of mine had an interesting thought process and I think it’s worth sharing it.

Just had an epiphany about Kaneki... for the first few days he was crushingly strong, and insanely oppressive. After a few days... suddenly he feels much easier...

After thinking about it, I have a theoey. When a new killer is released, his individual killer MMR is 700 (or whatever) below the killers normal MMR average... this means when a killer gets released, you go up against much stronger MMR killers than you would normally.

This gives the illusion that the killer is waaaaay stronger than they actually are, because you are playing against players who are much better than you normally would.

Now I still think his free injuries, especially through walls are a tad BS. I would consider not registering injuries if the ghoul has a wall between then and the sirv when they stop. As a further nerf if needed, I'd consider allowing survivors to drop pallets when grabbed, so there is SOME counter play to getting grabbed.

However now the dust is settled Kaneki is feeling much more manageable now that killer MMR is smoothing out to where it should be after a few days.

Comments

  • This is why I really dislike the Ghoul (below). On top of that, he can use the perk that blocks all vaults after an injury, so he essentially is guaranteed downs in almost any situation. BHVR, this is not fun…whatsoever. You literally can't even react by the time you're stun-locked into place. This is coming from a killer main. My big concern is BHVR nerfing killers across the board like they usually do on killer perks because of a small number of problematic killers. That'll affect all killers - especially the weaker m1 killers with no map traversal.

    https://youtu.be/nOGRGluPOGc
  • @Langweilig said:

    A friend of mine had an interesting thought process and I think it’s worth sharing it.

    Just had an epiphany about Kaneki... for the first few days he was crushingly strong, and insanely oppressive. After a few days... suddenly he feels much easier...

    After thinking about it, I have a theoey. When a new killer is released, his individual killer MMR is 700 (or whatever) below the killers normal MMR average... this means when a killer gets released, you go up against much stronger MMR killers than you would normally.

    This gives the illusion that the killer is waaaaay stronger than they actually are, because you are playing against players who are much better than you normally would.

    Now I still think his free injuries, especially through walls are a tad BS. I would consider not registering injuries if the ghoul has a wall between then and the sirv when they stop. As a further nerf if needed, I'd consider allowing survivors to drop pallets when grabbed, so there is SOME counter play to getting grabbed.

    However now the dust is settled Kaneki is feeling much more manageable now that killer MMR is smoothing out to where it should be after a few days.

    or survivors got better?