Unmarked survivor bots?

I just ran into something interesting and figured I'd share.

Just had a game against Ghoul on Lery's. This anonymous Lara was acting strange, but she wasn't marked as a bot. Repeatedly booning totems, pathing strangely, generally terrible, and absolutely terrified of the killer's TR. That last bit was a bit of a giveaway. This anonymous Lara would not work on a gen if they were within the TR.

It eventually got down to a 2v1 with me and the anon Lara. Then I noticed I had the option to abandon the match (popped up as soon as it went to a 2v1). Again, the Lara did not have "bot" next to her name. So I went ahead and abandoned, but then I got a d/c penalty from the abandon.

Stranger still, this Lara in this same cosmetic has popped up in 3 straight lobbies. Obviously, I didn't take the subsequent matches.

Am I losing my mind or missing something about the abandon system?

Comments

  • Probably a bot and they didn't set the Abandon system up correctly to accommodate the undercover bots

  • either an abandon system bug OR someone is running a script on the lara bot collecting bloodpoints on a computer somewhere. it's more common with killers, but not unheard of for survivors

  • Were you in a situation before where you can abandon the match? I had it yesterday that I had the option to give up when the remaining 3 Survivors (including me) were slugged. I had Deliverance but after using it I still had the option to Abandon. I did not click it, but I would assume that once you get the option once, it just stays there (which is not intended).

    Regarding actual Survivor Bots - I want to doubt that they put unmarked Bots into the game, but I would call it a possibility since Killer queues are super-long currently. But I hope that it is not the case.

  • I find it curious that even when the surrender conditions are fulfilled, the text shows "abandon" at the top-right corner rather than "surrender" as shown in the PTB. I wonder why they changed that. It certainly threw me off, even though the confirmation screen said I would keep BP and XP…