Survivors aren’t even trying right now..

I’ve had three matches today and two of them had some abysmal survivor play. One match a Sable (of course) decided to kill hers self on hook and the other two survivors just threw themselves at the killer. 4 gens undone. My third match none of the other three survivors touched a gen once, apart from me who solo did a gen. We spent 15 minutes just unhooking, healing and running round.

Honestly I get there’s a big uproar bout camping and tunnelling making the game hard to play and unfun right now, lord knows I’ve been a vocal part of those discussions, but this does not help at all. Neither of these killers did C&T by the way. Why even queue up?

Comments

  • @cesspoolechochamber said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3903281#Comment_3903281

    This is hilarious... samething could be said about a killer who tunnels/camps or slugs. You are ruining it for another player. But no I guess by your standard they need to stay in the game for the sake of everyone else's enjoyment. The hypocrisy is real

    this is literally completely wrong comparison because you are comparing using a strategy to win with someone throwing a game.

    Only things you can compare to tunneling, camping and slugging are survivor strategies that also ruin killer experience in terms of fun (early gen splitting, sabo strats, bully related strats etc.)

  • @hermitkermit said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904949#Comment_3904949

    Hey, I totally get where you're coming from. The frustration is real, and I definitely don’t want to invalidate that. But I think this idea that people downvote solely because someone has a killer pfp feels a little like confirmation bias. I’ve seen plenty of killer pfp with posts that are upvoted heavily, and plenty with survivor pfps that get downvoted. It really does depend on what’s being said, not just who’s saying it or what their profile looks like. And there’s no way to know how many killers vs. survivors are actually active on the forums, so it’s tough to assume a majority bias either way. But of course, some people are trolls. Sometimes youre tunneled out because of what survivor skin you have on. That's just how it is sometimes lol.

    As for the rest of your comment, I’m with you 100% on being sick of ragequits. I main SoloQ too, and it is exhausting. When a game that had potential gets tanked by someone DCing at 5 gens, it just drains you. That kind of thing isn’t just frustrating—it’s demoralizing..

    When killers started quitting in mass a while back, that was treated like a serious issue. Queue times got out of hand. Survivor players were sitting for 10+ minutes waiting for a match, and killer lobbies were often nearly instant. Nobody really enjoyed playing the killer role and thankafully the devs stepped in to address that with changes that made killer more rewarding and powerful overall. The game took a massive shift. It was the right call, as killers don’t get teammates and can’t play with friends so the shift toward giving killers more power and a higher winrate makes sense to make the role have incentive to play.

    But when survivors started quitting or disconnecting in larger numbers, something we’re seeing a lot more lately, it wasn’t met with the same empathy. It’s labeled “entitlement” and simply “ragequitting,” when maybe it should be seen as another red flag, just like it was with killers. I think that difference in perception hurts the community more than we realize. Both roles are important, and both need to feel like the game is worth sticking around for.

    I like that killer is in the power role now. I actually think that’s how the game plays best. But even as someone who supports that shift, I still think the current survivor experience isn’t sustainable. People disconnect when it feels like their time isn’t being respected. That doesn’t (always) mean they’re being immature. Just like how when killers stopped playing for awhile, that wasn't immature either. Why put their time and effort into a game that felt like it didn't respect their own? I'm glad that killers took a stand and can now enjoy their role again. The game needed it.

    So yeah, I want killer to be fun and rewarding—but I also want survivor to be the same. We made noise when killer numbers dropped, and changes happened. Survivors are doing the same now, and I think labeling it all as just childish entitlement does much more harm than good, and that it needs to be listened to. And based on the recent QOL survivor updates they previewed, it seems like the devs are, which I think is good too. DCing will be more heavily punished, as will going on 1st hook. Only time will tell if the other QOL changes added in the future will make it worth sticking around or not. Fingers crossed!

    if that's the case, then why was my post downvoted when it's not saying anything others have not already said, and why does it seem like EVERY post made from the Killer POV that I see here is more commonly downvoted versus Survivor-sided takes?

    I don't think it's necessarily confirmation bias when I can see the proof of it happening. Look above you, Narko made very good points all well thought out. 6 downvotes. It doesn't seem to be just the content of the post, but who is saying it from what POV.

    Reddit has this EXACT issue, too.

    Thanks for reading the rest of the comment though, I'm glad others are seeing the issue. It's demoralizing from both sides. I don't like playing with or against bots, they aren't fun for anyone. You're right that maybe I'm being a bit too biased and I agree, both sides need to feel rewarding and fun. I think the issue isn't actually balance either, I can have plenty of fun losing as Survivor with Killer as the power role like it should be. The issue actually is, losing feels like it's punishing and curbstomps are too frequent. Especially for the non-power role. The problem isn't losing more, the problem is losing, a common enough state in the game, FEELS REALLY BAD. Too bad. If losing is the default outcome for one side, it shouldn't feel like a punishment to lose. If losing is part of the game it shouldn't feel like you lost a competition, it should feel like you lost at hide and go seek. It shouldn't affect your score, your grade, or your MMR so heavily. But it currently does for all but Grade, which boosts competitiveness, which nobody except the hypercompetitive players actually likes.

    The game isn't unbalanced. The game is fine. The issue is the game isn't casual enough.

  • @jajay119 said:

    I’ve had three matches today and two of them had some abysmal survivor play. One match a Sable (of course) decided to kill hers self on hook and the other two survivors just threw themselves at the killer. 4 gens undone. My third match none of the other three survivors touched a gen once, apart from me who solo did a gen. We spent 15 minutes just unhooking, healing and running round.

    Honestly I get there’s a big uproar bout camping and tunnelling making the game hard to play and unfun right now, lord knows I’ve been a vocal part of those discussions, but this does not help at all. Neither of these killers did C&T by the way. Why even queue up?

    for the past 2 days every ghoul game or indoor map i get i have gone next, usually ends in my teammates doing the same, i just simply refuse to play against this new killer its unbeatable you break LOS they hit u through wall, u dont break LOS they get free hit and after they get that free hit they also get speed boost and you are lucky if you make a window or pallet, and then on the off chance you get a chase longer than 45 seconds against the ghoul they usually are running pain res and my tm8 gen on 80% gets ruined and then the killer gets across the map to the generator to pressure it in like 10 seconds. Its just plain and simple absolutely broken and needs to be killswitched ASAP

1 2 ›