Do Killers Rank Faster?

I've noticed that I can easily get pips with killer when playing decently, but I have to play MUCH, MUCH more skillfully to earn at least one pip as survivor. It feels like I have to play double the matches(if not more) to get one pip as opposed to doing just as good as killer and getting nearly double pips each time. I'm a decent survivor at best and an even better killer, and I want to get better at survivor, but I can't really get better at playing survivor when I do really good in a match and barely get ONE pip.

Why does it feel soooooooo slow as survivor?

Comments

  • It only feels that way because 50% of Survivor gameplay is holding M1.

    Most Survivors are honestly garbo doo doo so Ranking as Killer is easy only because of that reason.

    I can sleep and still pip as a Survivor.
  • Pipping as Survivor relies a lot on your team failing. If you're not getting unhooks and heals you're not getting your pips. Those are also split among 4 people. Every unhook you're competing against 2 other survivors for while trying to remain unseen and unbroken. Killers pip faster cause they do all the work for their side themselves. Which is also why higher rank killers are so diverse in actual skill level, because they rank up just by playing without having to really think about pips.
  • No, just killer feels faster cause every emblem boils down to hitting survivors. Survivor on the otherhand have to divide actions to accomplish the same. 
  • @weirdkid5 said:
    It only feels that way because 50% of Survivor gameplay is holding M1.

    Most Survivors are honestly garbo doo doo so Ranking as Killer is easy only because of that reason.

    I can sleep and still pip as a Survivor.

    Lies and I don't understand why people try to make it look like one side is so easy and the other side is always more difficult.

    Pipping as a survivor is really difficult due to many reasons.

    Killer camps the guy on the hook, you gen rush and don't get downed at all. Still black pip, can't even pip.

    Killer sucks and he is so bad that he can't catch anybody, black pip.

    Killer tunnels one guy the entire match, black pip.

    Even if you are a godly survivor, pipping generally doesn't depend on you. Hell, if you are a godly survivor and other survivors are godly too, congrats most probably black pip since the killer won't be able to do much.

    And please note that this is when you don't have a bad game and I assumed that you are a good survivor. If you are average or a bad survivor, things get complicated as hell.

    In terms of pipping, killer side is a lot easier than the survivor side, period.

  • Yes. Mainly because the survivor emblem system is seriously flawed. If you and your team were to get wiped out with 5 gens left but you kept going back and forth with hooks and unhooks, you'll easily pip. If you were to focus on any other emblem throughout the match such as lightbringer or boldness and you don't escape in the end, you'll be lucky to even black pip. That's because the emblem system favors benevolence over others for some odd reason. 
    The emblem system is flawed for both sides. You rank up so fast as killer that rank 10 skill level killers end up rank 1 way before they should be and it just makes it a miserable experience.
  • Killers rank much faster than survivors, but survivors don't require much either. Emlbem system is a joke, rank means nothing. There are tons of smurfs right now in the rank 15-20 area. Players with way more skill than their rank. You'll see them.

  • About the same.

    Main difference being, as a survivor, if you are not on a SWF team, the odds are, you have to deal with complete dimwits 8/10 matches, which can make things a bit harder.
    As killer, you have only your skills and the mistakes of the survivors. The more mistakes from the survivors, the more you will succeed, assuming you do not mess up your chance to catch them slipping up.

    Either way, I end up around the same general rank when I play say 10 games total in the day, 5 survivor and 5 killer.

  • Delfador said:

    @weirdkid5 said:
    It only feels that way because 50% of Survivor gameplay is holding M1.

    Most Survivors are honestly garbo doo doo so Ranking as Killer is easy only because of that reason.

    I can sleep and still pip as a Survivor.

    Lies and I don't understand why people try to make it look like one side is so easy and the other side is always more difficult.

    Pipping as a survivor is really difficult due to many reasons.

    Killer camps the guy on the hook, you gen rush and don't get downed at all. Still black pip, can't even pip.

    Killer sucks and he is so bad that he can't catch anybody, black pip.

    Killer tunnels one guy the entire match, black pip.

    Even if you are a godly survivor, pipping generally doesn't depend on you. Hell, if you are a godly survivor and other survivors are godly too, congrats most probably black pip since the killer won't be able to do much.

    And please note that this is when you don't have a bad game and I assumed that you are a good survivor. If you are average or a bad survivor, things get complicated as hell.

    In terms of pipping, killer side is a lot easier than the survivor side, period.

    Yeah sorry no it isnt. If I can pip at Rank 1 with no perks and very little difficulty, then survivor is too easy.

    Any smart Killer will tell you doing the same at Rank 1 for Killer is a damn nightmare.

    I know how to be stealthy enough and not depend on my team in order to pip. Me pipping definitely depends on myself if my 3 teammates suck and they die while there are still 4 gens left. And even that isnt difficult. I don't know why people say Survivor is hard, seems to me like people haven't played enough stealth based games where remaining out of LoS is key to survival.

    If the gen rush happens, I'll just follow the Killer around a while or force a chase. It's not like it's hard. Ending a chase for me is me deciding I simply don't want to run away anymore about 75% of the time, so I just break the chase and get away.

    If you are a bad Survivor, pipping is difficult because you're bad. That's all there is to it. If you Survive you get a Gold Emblem, if you do a lot of good chases you get a Gold Emblem, and as long as you did like 2 and half gens you get a Gold Emblem, plus gates count and so do totems, and most Killers use Ruin. That's enough to pip, as you start with baseline Bronze Benevolence as well.

    In other words, if you dont pip as Survivor, you simply didn't deserve it. And that isn't a hard task to achieve. I've died and still gotten a pip in this system. That should never happen.
  • I can more consistently pip as survivor than I can as killer. Getting a pip is actually very easy. Killer is less consistent. I get a lot of black pips, but I also get a lot of double pips. Getting a double pip as survivor is hard, but for killer it's pretty easy if you get a solid lead.