Plague Suggestions

A bit ago Plague was on the roadmap for changes, but they were pushed back so I was bored and decided to make some suggestions on what I would like to see from the changes. These changes aim to tone down her peak (Iri Seal) while bringing up her variety and consistency without addons (apple addons more specifically).

  • 2 Pools of Devotion are corrupted at the start of the trial (Was 1)
  • Ashen & Blessed Apple:
    • New Downside: Decreases the duration of Corrupt Purge by 10 seconds

The first 2 changes allow her to be more consistent without apple addons, while preventing them from being too strong while stacked together. Without an apple addon, especially with the fountains being tied to chest spawns, you may never have a good opportunity to actually grab one. Plague has a lot of great addons, but for consistency you really can't be experimenting with cool combos if survivors don't cleanse.

  • Iridescent Seal:
    • Corrupt Purge activates at the start of the trial and once the last generator is completed
    • Decreases the duration of Corrupt purge by 20 seconds

The Iridescent Seal change maintains a similar effect, but instead of 5 guaranteed Corrupt Purges this addon only guarantees 2, but still has good value and perk synergy you'd expect from an Ultra Rare addon. Again this brings down her strongest state that basically gives her a free win unless a survivor team is extremely coordinated.

  • Corrupt Purge pierces survivors again

This was the case for basically all of Plague's history, until recently when it was removed without any mention in the patch notes. There is even a tome challenge that requires you to hit multiple people with the same Corrupt Purge. This also had the additional effect of making her infection rate extremely slow and possibly messes with hit validation, making her feel awful especially for those who have played her prior.

Additional Suggestions:

  • Unique TR and Chase Music
  • Hit Registration/Validation improvements
  • Higher blood point values
  • Lowered volume of whispers during Corrupt Purge
  • Head On removing Corrupt Purge removed (a bug that wasn't fully fixed)

Comments

  • The problem I always had with Plague is that nobody cleansed themselves to deny corrupt purge unless I bring Thanatophobia.

  • @Hex_Excommunicated said:

    The problem I always had with Plague is that nobody cleansed themselves to deny corrupt purge unless I bring Thanatophobia.

    Yeah its hard to get value when they do that without bringing an apple addon, which is what I tried to change with this suggestion a long with quality of life/bug fixes.