can we have middle east servers

Comments

  • @RobotsAreTheFuture said:

    "It's cost effective for everyone to suffer high ping and latency issues." - Behaviour (Interactive).

    yep, this. They are totally fine with people playing with 200-300+ pings, using VPN’s, and ruining games for everyone else who is trying to have a fair match on a local server with low pings.

  • Crazy we still dont have South African servers tbh

  • @CruelLimits1982 said:

    Crazy we still dont have South African servers tbh

    they seem to shutdown servers, my ping used to be constantly 100ms, now it's 130ms every single time. and that's frustrating.

  • servers cost money, and more servers means more workers to pay on top of that. you would need a large player base in your region to justify the expense, I’m just thinking out loud. If you have a large enough player base to justify the expense then I’m sure they would add servers. Or if the revenue from the region netted enough to justify adding servers. Like if you had a small amount of people but they spent a large amount of money that adding servers plus maintenance workers, wouldn’t be a terrible business idea. It’s never just adding a server and maintenance workers though, there’s more that goes into it and costs money as well, and the ends have to justify the means unfortunately. I get that it’s frustrating though, it’s frustrating for everyone involved. Maybe vertical scaling first?

  • @HeroLives said:

    servers cost money, and more servers means more workers to pay on top of that. you would need a large player base in your region to justify the expense, I’m just thinking out loud. If you have a large enough player base to justify the expense then I’m sure they would add servers. Or if the revenue from the region netted enough to justify adding servers. Like if you had a small amount of people but they spent a large amount of money that adding servers plus maintenance workers, wouldn’t be a terrible business idea. It’s never just adding a server and maintenance workers though, there’s more that goes into it and costs money as well, and the ends have to justify the means unfortunately. I get that it’s frustrating though, it’s frustrating for everyone involved. Maybe vertical scaling first?

    I play killer with 140ms, everyone complains about my ping and that i shouldn't be allowed to play the game caz i ruin their experience. if that's the case. then well. guess everyone suffers. i still want to play the game.

  • @ezikagirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3897286#Comment_3897286

    I play killer with 140ms, everyone complains about my ping and that i shouldn't be allowed to play the game caz i ruin their experience. if that's the case. then well. guess everyone suffers. i still want to play the game.

    Realistically on a game like this with no real competitive scoring because there’s no public leaderboards from the developers, there’s no cash prizes, and there’s no trophy, so anything under 150 is fine. Just enjoy the game and don’t sweat it. : ) I hope your region gets a server.

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3896856#Comment_3896856

    yep, this. They are totally fine with people playing with 200-300+ pings, using VPN’s, and ruining games for everyone else who is trying to have a fair match on a local server with low pings.

    The forum moderators have previously banned people before from the forums for discussing about people using VPNs, and said it's allowed.