Should only the weaker M1 killers can be sent to smaller maps and Stronger killers sent to big maps?

I feel like when people mention killer. They should refer to which killer you face instead of making it like all the killers are the same and that’s not the case. Some weak M1 killers have it harder than most strong killers. For example Ghostface Pig Onryo they should go to small maps because it’s more balance for them. As for Nurse Blight and Billy who are extremely fast they should be sent to Big maps because it’s balanced.

Comments

  • I am not a fan of this idea. I would rather if weak killers aren't weak you know.

    Of course you can't make everyone A tier killer and someone will have to be simply weaker than the rest but it doesn't mean they have to be D tier like some of the killer we have.

  • @SummerBBQDwight said:

    I am not a fan of this idea. I would rather if weak killers aren't weak you know.

    Of course you can't make everyone A tier killer and someone will have to be simply weaker than the rest but it doesn't mean they have to be D tier like some of the killer we have.

    Well it’s taking the devs forever to make adjustments to weak killers instead of making cosmetics and having. All these chapters in place they need to focus on the game and trying to balance things out

  • @theonryo123 said:

    I feel like when people mention killer. They should refer to which killer you face instead of making it like all the killers are the same and that’s not the case. Some weak M1 killers have it harder than most strong killers. For example Ghostface Pig Onryo they should go to small maps because it’s more balance for them. As for Nurse Blight and Billy who are extremely fast they should be sent to Big maps because it’s balanced.

    I think its a reasonable suggestion, with a few problems. I think it has zero percent chance of happening, but as a hypothetical it has some merits.

    It would allow the developers to design maps around groups of killers. Trap killers having maps with grass, fast killers on larger maps, etc.

    Why I don't think it will happen

    1: I doubt they would spend the time grouping killers into categories, assigning them maps, and then when releasing new maps either making multiple variants or releasing a new map and being like 'only for the following killers'

    2: It would further mess with map offerings. Many players would like this as an idea, but I doubt BHVR wants to further nerf them.

    3: Gives an advantage, and then takes it away. Killers who can get around the map quickly frequently suffer in other areas. If the distance that needed to be covered was no longer as big an issue, suddenly their kit just doesn't look weak, but kind of pointless.

    4: Goes against the spirit of randomness of the game. Each trial is not designed to be balanced. Sometimes the odds are in your favor, sometimes not. Variety over balance seems to be the design (I agree with them on this).

    5: And of course, as usually comes up with suggestions like this, what killers are viewed as weak varies based on region and MMR.

  • @theonryo123 said:

    I feel like when people mention killer. They should refer to which killer you face instead of making it like all the killers are the same and that’s not the case. Some weak M1 killers have it harder than most strong killers. For example Ghostface Pig Onryo they should go to small maps because it’s more balance for them. As for Nurse Blight and Billy who are extremely fast they should be sent to Big maps because it’s balanced.

    That would be awful. I don't want to play on mothers dwelling half of the time only because I play blight or billy, especially because those bushes have one of the worst hitboxes known to mankind. I'm already not a huge fan of overly big maps, but that would force me to play on them even more - that's nearly worse than mapofferings that are already annoying.

    I'd rather have them release maps that are close to the same size with close to the same strength. That way they could buff weaker and nerf the strongest killers and we'd have it balanced for the most part. It wouldn't be a situation where we have eyrie of crows as one of the most awful maps for killer and then haddonfield or something for survivor, but rather always a near balanced one.