Should Trapper get some kind of update?

Now I'm not saying a full blown complete rework but well he's not as good as he was before a lot of maps don't have grass so less stealth since all he can do is pallets and windows which can be boring. 2v8 Trapper is a nightmare since he doesn't start with all his traps and is basically just an m1 killer with no map pressure in 2v8. So I mean how would change Trapper so he's not extremely OP but isn't basically screwed over by maps. Like could he trap areas like windows in a different way or is there another way to at least make him less of nightmare to play and give him some fun again.

Comments

  • @jamally093 said:

    Now I'm not saying a full blown complete rework but well he's not as good as he was before a lot of maps don't have grass so less stealth since all he can do is pallets and windows which can be boring. 2v8 Trapper is a nightmare since he doesn't start with all his traps and is basically just an m1 killer with no map pressure in 2v8. So I mean how would change Trapper so he's not extremely OP but isn't basically screwed over by maps. Like could he trap areas like windows in a different way or is there another way to at least make him less of nightmare to play and give him some fun again.

    I think trapper is fine they just need to make his traps harder to see a bit. Especially for maps where there is little to no terrain, for example Eyerie Of Crows.

  • @jamally093 said:

    Now I'm not saying a full blown complete rework but well he's not as good as he was before a lot of maps don't have grass so less stealth since all he can do is pallets and windows which can be boring. 2v8 Trapper is a nightmare since he doesn't start with all his traps and is basically just an m1 killer with no map pressure in 2v8. So I mean how would change Trapper so he's not extremely OP but isn't basically screwed over by maps. Like could he trap areas like windows in a different way or is there another way to at least make him less of nightmare to play and give him some fun again.

    I think it would not be too much trouble for him to be able to "throw" his weapon like Huntress, and be unable to attack until it is collected.

  • For one thing he should be able to carry all of his traps at once. It's bad enough he has to take the time to set up, but having to bounce all over collecting the damned things is probably excessive. And has been said, make them harder to see (like basekit Tar Bottle).

  • I'll just put this here, since it's simpler than typing it out:

    @SoGo said:

    Trapper is the weakest killer in the entire game. He is incredibly slow, his power can be easily avoided or disabled, and he's quite map and add-on dependant. In this discussion, I'll go through his issues and try to fix them.
    If anyone has some thoughts, please let me know.

    1) His lengthy set-up:

    • The worst part of Trapper is his setup, which requres you to go out of your way to collect and set every single trap.
    • The first thing I'd change is his trap count. During 2v8, he could hold 4 traps at the same time and it was great, so, why not put that into the base game? The amount of traps in the enviroment would not change, though. There would still be 8, giving you 12 traps in total.
    • Another part of his kit that's annoying is collecting traps, which are often on the opposite side of the map. My idea is that he could be able to highlight up to 4 traps, which he could then destroy remotely. After that, he could simply pick them up from a locker, just like Huntress does.

    • An idea from the comments which I liked is that traps could either already spawn in loops, or be stored in lockers for Trapper to pick up from the start of the trial.

    2) The lethality of his traps:

    • One of the most frustrating things about Trapper, is when a survivor steps into a random trap far away, and escapes with no consequenses before you even get close. It's even worse if they're injured, since then the trap does even less to them.
    • First change I'd do is make it so survivors which get out of a trap (by themselfs or with help) get Deep Wounded, as well as being revealed with Killer Instinct for a few seconds after escaping.
    • Other than that, thank to the comments, I decided to keep the Haste which triggers after setting a trap, but now it also triggers while someone is caught in a trap.

    3) Help against survivors screwing you over:

    • First, make the traps hitbox slightly bigger. It's painful to watch a survivor use your own trap against you because the hitbox is too small.
    • Secondly (this is more of a "would be nice" thing than "absolutely necessary") give disarming a traps a minigame of some sort.

    4) Visibility:

    • We need darker maps with more fog and more grass. I don't think I have to explain this one. Play one round on Haddonfield or Eyrie and you'll see what I mean.
    • Also, Reagents are pretty underwhelming right now, so that could also be changed.
    • I know this is a more general issue than a Trapper issue, but it's one that hurts Trapper greatly.

    5) Multiple useless or bad add-ons:

    Oily Coil (Very Rare):
    • Instead, it could increase the KI duration by a large amount.

    Padded Jaws - Hand-drawn Blueprint (Rare):
    • This is one of the worst meme add-ons I've seen in my life. It's worse than nothing.
    • Instead of that thing, it could make traps already spawn armed.
    • The rarity would also be increased to Rare.

    Rusty Jaws (Rare):
    • Now it makes survivors Broken for 60 seconds instead of Mangled.

    Lenghtened Jaws (Uncommon):
    • Now it affects survivors with -7% Hindered for 10 seconds.

    Coffee Grounds (Uncommon):
    • Increases the Haste Trapper gets when somebody is caught in a trap or after setting a trap by 5%

    Tar Bottle - Painting Set (Uncommon):
    • Change it, so instead of darkening traps (which is useless since there are so many bright maps), it changes their color and texture based on the enviroment around them. Evan is an amateur artist, so he'd be capable of this. Lore accurate and useful. The rarity could also be decreased.

    Serrated Jaws (Common):
    • Add Mangled to this add-on.
    • Changed rarity from Uncommon to Common.