Blocking players do anything?

Ive gone against a few people multiple times and they're consistently a horrible experience. Does blocking a player prevent me from being paired with them again? if not it needs to.

Comments

  • @bleep275 said:

    Ive gone against a few people multiple times and they're consistently a horrible experience. Does blocking a player prevent me from being paired with them again? if not it needs to.

    No, you will be matched with a blocked player as far as I know.

    I don't think it does anything when you block someone as the game prioritizes MMR match-ups. I know in TCM, it tells you when you're matched with a player you've blocked.

    I believe DBD will still match you up, but the likelihood is very low. I rarely get matched up with people I've played with when I would play. Most I've got is 2 times with specific people (that I have not blocked).

  • Blocking people stops them from being able to communicate with you in game. It does not affect matchmaking in any way.

  • @bleep275 said:

    Ive gone against a few people multiple times and they're consistently a horrible experience. Does blocking a player prevent me from being paired with them again? if not it needs to.

    @SAWII is correct their blocking only prevents friend requests, message, comms etc. but has no effect on matchmaking at all.