I would love to see removable accessories included in a QOL update

Take this Elodie head for example, her long hair looks great but the hat, mask, and earrings ruin it for me.

20250301_105042.png

Comments

  • TF2 has a system like this where cosmetics have "styles" which remove or alter certain parts of a cosmetic from a dropdown menu, and it's great.

    Would solve the issues of people complaining about all the backpacks on cosmetics if they were toggleable, but it'd create a good amount of work for the devs, so I can see why they'd be opposed to adding such a thing. I'd love to see it added, though.

  • Yes, if only for all the god forsaken backpacks, etc. that ruin so many skins.

    I like the idea of making smaller stuff toggleable, but going through all the cosmetics and coding that stuff as separate items would be an enormous task. I'd settle for just the big obtrusive stuff that makes you super visible to the killer from distance.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    Yes, if only for all the god forsaken backpacks, etc. that ruin so many skins.

    I like the idea of making smaller stuff toggleable, but going through all the cosmetics and coding that stuff as separate items would be an enormous task. I'd settle for just the big obtrusive stuff that makes you super visible to the killer from distance.

    Agreed, the Backpacks are annoying. It started a few years ago and for some time there was a backpack or something else on the back of the Survivor for basically every Skin. The cherry on top for me was the AoT-Skin for Jake, where one part of the Omni-directional mobility gear was on the back, something which was never done in the Anime at all.

    @Topic:

    I think it would be fine to modify the cosmetics to a certain extend. E.g. I can see Backpacks and Hats (or Caps, etc.) be removeable. But I think your request is a bit too much. It would just add too many layers which would need to be considered, which would be a ton of work. (And honestly, when removing the Hat, mask and earrings you are basically asking for a completely different cosmetic)