Wake Up Call: Why This Game Should Not Be Balanced Around Voice Comms
I'll continue to bring up this video every time it becomes relevant. Now that more issues are getting fixed for Killers, the attention is now coming back to the genrush and the capabilities of SWF groups. I would just like to quickly remind everyone what the original intent of this game was, and why I and many other solo Survivors bought this game. Because we have the choice to play Solo.
https://youtu.be/YH5jhyU6GjU
The lack of information was a SELLING point for this game to me. That I was on my own, with my own wits to beat the Killer, with only the possibility of my fellows helping me, and an even greater chance they would be my downfall. This was RIVETING and is one of the best experiences gaming as to offer. It is the entire reason I fell in love with this game.
I was against the inclusion of SWF from the very inception of it, I knew what it would cause before it even happened. I can link you to some of my old Steam Posts, and exactly what I predicted would come true. This game steared away from the reasons I bought it, the devs caved their artistic integrity for profit. But I held onto the game and still play it to this day.
If you balance this game around voice comms, you will rip away everything this game set out to originally be, it will no longer be the Dead by Daylight I spent my money on. It will be a clone of Death Garden and F13, games that miserably failed. It will be indistinguishable from Last Year because of how Last Year's systems are intended.
The solution to this is the thing SWF groups dislike the most, and that is making 2 separate game modes. I once made a post on Steam about this that garnered over 4k comments, the largest DbD thread in existence. But my opinions of then have since changed. Instead of simple Ranked and Casual, I have a way of making SWF involve Ranked as well:
In Ranked SWF, two 5 man teams face off, one player is a designated Killer while the others are Survivors. Each team of Survivors facing the opposing Killer, and the team the overall has higher Emblem Quality will be the winner. This will make the gameplay drastically different of the standard Solo queue, which will remain in traditional DbD fashion. You will not be required to go in will a full 5 stack, matchmaking will fill empty slots, even solo survivors could play this mode. Killers who dont mind facing SWF groups can be designated Killers for teams that lack one, and would be able to enjoy small buffs to the Killer that compensate for the comms the Survivors will have.
The reason I ask for this is simple player choice, do not rip away what I love about DbD simply for profit, this is a request from a die hard fan and a consumer of BHVR products. Sometimes the bottom line isn't what's always most important. The game's population has grown to be able to handle this kind of split now, and this would bolster it further by attracting old players back to the game.
TL;DR: Including voice comms to this game would require more than simple buffs to the Killer, it would require the entire game to be restructured from the ground up into a similar game like Death Garden, which failed. An idea that would make Ranked modes for Solos and SWF groups was proposed by me, I suggest looking for that in the OP. I believe this is the best way to handle the comms issue in the least amount of effort needed to do so.
https://youtu.be/YH5jhyU6GjUThe lack of information was a SELLING point for this game to me. That I was on my own, with my own wits to beat the Killer, with only the possibility of my fellows helping me, and an even greater chance they would be my downfall. This was RIVETING and is one of the best experiences gaming as to offer. It is the entire reason I fell in love with this game.
I was against the inclusion of SWF from the very inception of it, I knew what it would cause before it even happened. I can link you to some of my old Steam Posts, and exactly what I predicted would come true. This game steared away from the reasons I bought it, the devs caved their artistic integrity for profit. But I held onto the game and still play it to this day.
If you balance this game around voice comms, you will rip away everything this game set out to originally be, it will no longer be the Dead by Daylight I spent my money on. It will be a clone of Death Garden and F13, games that miserably failed. It will be indistinguishable from Last Year because of how Last Year's systems are intended.
The solution to this is the thing SWF groups dislike the most, and that is making 2 separate game modes. I once made a post on Steam about this that garnered over 4k comments, the largest DbD thread in existence. But my opinions of then have since changed. Instead of simple Ranked and Casual, I have a way of making SWF involve Ranked as well:
In Ranked SWF, two 5 man teams face off, one player is a designated Killer while the others are Survivors. Each team of Survivors facing the opposing Killer, and the team the overall has higher Emblem Quality will be the winner. This will make the gameplay drastically different of the standard Solo queue, which will remain in traditional DbD fashion. You will not be required to go in will a full 5 stack, matchmaking will fill empty slots, even solo survivors could play this mode. Killers who dont mind facing SWF groups can be designated Killers for teams that lack one, and would be able to enjoy small buffs to the Killer that compensate for the comms the Survivors will have.
The reason I ask for this is simple player choice, do not rip away what I love about DbD simply for profit, this is a request from a die hard fan and a consumer of BHVR products. Sometimes the bottom line isn't what's always most important. The game's population has grown to be able to handle this kind of split now, and this would bolster it further by attracting old players back to the game.
TL;DR: Including voice comms to this game would require more than simple buffs to the Killer, it would require the entire game to be restructured from the ground up into a similar game like Death Garden, which failed. An idea that would make Ranked modes for Solos and SWF groups was proposed by me, I suggest looking for that in the OP. I believe this is the best way to handle the comms issue in the least amount of effort needed to do so.
Comments
they talked about putting kindred on every survivor in the game by default and not counting as a perk slot. Because all SWF has that gives you an advantage is information on where the killer is and where you are mainly. Also perks but mostly everyone can figure them out on their own if they're experienced.