Game Afoot not providing Haste when breaking with a Killer's Power

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: While in a chase with the Obsession, the perk Game Afoot does not give the Haste bonus on breaking a pallet with the killer's power. As you can see from the video, THWACK!'s effect to make the survivor scream will occur, but Game Afoot did not provide any haste. I would assume that breaking the pallet in this manner would cause both effects to go off

In the example below, it occurred with Nemesis, but I do not know for sure if it affects any other killers with powers that allow them to break pallets without "Kicking" them. I also do not know if the 'Friends til the End' perk switching the obsession would also make a difference, though by the description of the perk, it should happen as long as the target is the Obsession, even if they don't have the most chase time

PLATFORM: PC

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: While using a killer with a power that allows them to break pallets/walls without "kicking" them (In the case of the video, Nemesis with a tier II or III Tentacle whip) begin chasing the obsession. While in the chase, break a dropped pallet or breakable wall WITH power

VIDEO: https://imgur.com/a/game-afoot-bug-x3nePM6

PLAYER LOGS:

  • Player logs are required from PC players only.
DeadByDaylight.log
Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Gonna link this here:

    It's been 8 MONTHS. As far as I can tell, if they fixed anything, it now works on breakable walls but still not on pallets. Fix the perk please BVHR.

    @Celticbear said:

    It's been eight months since I made a bug report about Game Afoot. I don't want to make another one because there's like three bug reports about game afoot anyway. I want to post about it here instead to draw more attention (and hopefully fix) this issue.

    Special pallet breaks including killer powers, perks, and I assume event pallet breaks if they are ever coming back do not trigger the haste status effect one should gain when breaking a pallet in this manner. This wouldn't be as egregious if both the perk itself AND the wiki both state that you should get haste no matter how you break the pallet, even after eight months of this perk not working as intended. Either fix the issue or change the description.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AKRNYESTX3F4/image.png