2v8 Survivor Is Genuinely A Terrible Experience... (Yes, This Is A Rant)
First off, bots… dear god.
These things are absolutely useless, 95% of the time they do not do Generators and run around trying to heal or unhook Survivors… this wouldnt be an issue if they actually did unhook and heal Survivors. Often they will crouch or t-bag to indicate that they want to heal you or be healed, but they just wont? It's not even a consistent thing either.
And, especially with RCPD, they will just stop whatever action they are doing and run/walk around when they hear the Terror Radius, and with there being 2 Killers, they will likely be in the Terror Radius, thus they do nothing. Not only that but the AI overall just feels worse compared to 1v4, the bots were not designed for 2v8 and it really does show.
Keep in mind, this would not be an issue if the game actively tried to find players to fill in the 2 extra player slots, but often I will get matches where it is "searching for players" to fill those slots but it never actually fills or searches for players. The game isnt "using bots to improve queue times for Killers", it's just actively replacing 2 players with bots and not even trying to fill those slots with players.
Second off, the servers… also dear god.
Ive been getting sent constantly to servers that are not within my region, in fact, everyone is.
The end result is getting in a lobby where you have 200+ ms and the Killer has 200+ ms, so you get hit from Mars by the Killer with no resource for counterplay.
Nothing, and I mean nothing, bleeds "fun" more than dying from something out of your control because the net-code for this game seemingly benefits everyone except for you (yippee).
Third off, no Survivor changes since the last 2v8… why?
This one is the biggest thing that is a massive turn-off from playing Survivor.
You are telling me that 2v8 Killer is going to add new Killers each version but Survivor is quite literally going to get NOTHING new or interesting. And people wonder why the queue times are terrible for Killer, bc Survivor is straight up boring, there is NOTHING going on with Survivor that makes me feel like I should play this 2v8.
I guess you can count the Herbs as being the main appeal for Survivor, I mean an instant heal and removing a Hook State is powerful… if only there was no reason to instantly pick them up as Killer… thus invalidating their usage as Survivor… since they get consumed… awesome.
Fourth off, +200% Bloodpoints… really?
Bit more of a smaller nitpick, but like, +200%? Like the first 2v8 brought out +400% (+100% Role Incentive) Bloodpoints to help with the queue times, but +200% to play a far more uninteresting version of 2v8 is just like… really bad.
Back when BHVR had to pull out the +400% (+100%), it was still barely enough to consider playing 2v8 Survivor, and +200% for what we have now is not enough, hell, +400% (+100%) would not even be enough with the all of the issues and lack of interesting Survivor has this 2v8.
Final thoughts…
Sorry if this any of this seems harsh, I really, really had high expectations of this 2v8, I was hoping for a lot more, but instead it feels like I was just left really disappointed. I just really, really wanted to be honest about my thoughts on this version of 2v8.
Outside of unlocking the cosmetics, I wont be playing 2v8, there is no real reason to, the queues for Killer are too long and Survivor is genuinely a miserable experience. I do hope BHVR listens to the feedback, since I think this is the worst 2v8 version they have released.
Comments