I Cant Play This Game With My Friends... (Rant)

DBD is a game I love, and as a result, I have sunk a lot of time into. In terms of skill, Id say Im roughly above average, but not good enough to really be a top tier players, specifically with the Survivor role.

With the way MMR works, and the many flaws with the system, I really cannot play this game with friends. Most of my friends are new to the game but the MMR averaging between my MMR and their MMR will always put us in matchmaking with average or above average Killer, resulting in them often dying early and getting frustrated as a result.

I often find myself carrying my friends if the Killer solely decides to chase me but most Killers know to drop chase if things get rough and my friends are too new at the game to really handle that.

Recently, with the re-release of Chaos Shuffle, playing with them was miserable since half the matches would result in the Killer just tunneling them off the hook, and them lacking the perks and skills necessary to handle it. Half the game would also just result in slug-fests that were generally unpleasant, with them often just logging off the game entirely afterwards.

To make matters worse, the state of SoloQ and the new players experience puts them in a position where actively trying to learn the game on their own is insanely difficult and is often generally not worth there time, so most of the time they dont even bother to play.

I really wish I could play this game with my friends, but it is really difficult to get them into the game when the systems in play work so heavily against them, and it really does feel like I am unable to play with them.

Comments

  • dbd needs an option for a custom matches with a bot killer

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I would love to join forces with your Mr. Cutlass. What region are you in?

    Please call me Iron or Iron Cutlass. I really dislike being called Cutlass alone. I know it's a really small thing but it just kind of bothers me a bit.

    Im NAE ~ Central Servers. I dont really play with people on the Forums often, mainly since my free time for DBD tends to vary because of college getting in the way.

  • "MMR is the worst thing they ever added to the game" the forum post.

    Ofc that is also 100% correct. MMR shouldn't exist.

  • I have this same issue. My friend is VERY casual and only plays the game once a month or so. She can't enjoy the game when we're in the same lobby. The killers usually turbo tunnel her out of the game and she ends up frustrated.

  • I also have played with friends with less than 1k hours. When I first started playing with a friend of mine, I just suggest them to play with Off The Record (I don't think he uses the perk anymore) as he has gotten better with looping in general.

    But I kinda teach people how to play if they ask for specific advice and whatnot. @Iron_Cutlass , are you just playing with your friends that are new or are you giving them insight on what perks are good and helping them make good builds? Once, I started to talk to him about different builds and what perks were good with another perk - he started getting much better and eventually learning how to effectively loop a Nurse as I break down how to loop specific killers when he asks. 😊

    Now he's generally fine and actually looks behind himself when he gets into chase. Obviously he still struggles, but he's much better than what he was when we first began playing.

    • Perks are really important:
    • • Windows was a game changer for my friends (+Lithe makes them last longer), they also can identify the map border better
    • • Dejavu makes them good Gen players, so they feel more helpful in games (also helps understanding map layout)
    • • Alert or other perks to see the killer make it less stressful (makes it also more likely to not run i to the killer if they hear the terror radius
    • • OoO for you: take more aggro, call out killer position and call out aura perks + addons and explain them

    • you could try a pallet/flashlight safe build, but from my experience it just doesnt work bc they panicking too hard in chase and dont go down under the pallet

    • 2v8 is an option, its less important to be good in chase. But its obviously not always on and you dont learn much for the normal mode

    Private game: play not seriously and let one of them be killer. They can try out perks and its an more forgiving learning experience.

    But you need enough players (one bot is okay) and it can be more frustrating for some if they lose against friends. (Like getting tunneled out bc the killer player wont chase you bc there is no way he can catch you)

    There are always different player types, so this advice could work or not ( one friend got decent after 100 hours, the other was still panicking in chase. Well both quit, but we had fun for some months)