PS4 "Auto Crouching" bug

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

I've have been playing dbd for a long time via ps4, and I keep getting a very strange "auto crouch" bug. Mainly in chases, usually after getting hit or vaulting, my character will start auto crouching for about 3 seconds. My friends on ps5 and PC have very rarely to never experienced this, so I presume it may have something to do with the ps4 version. I have changed controllers 3 times and most of them were brand new and the bug persist. I have never had any other problems with L2 being sticky or going off in any other games as well. I know this is a real bug and has been bothering me for a long time. It comes and goes with patches and updates as well which is very strange, but as of right now, it's very bad and I have been auto crouching in almost every survivor game I play.

PLATFORM: PS4

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Would happen in chase, after vaulting, but most often it would occur after getting hit or at a random interval, the character would start crouching automatically.

VIDEO:

https://youtu.be/Zr7OU5MsXa0

PLAYER LOGS:

  • Player logs are required from PC players only.
Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • It's a dead giveaway that a survivor is on console when I see them crouch randomly during a chase.

  • Have you troubleshooted your controller?

  • @Kessora said:

    Have you troubleshooted your controller?

    Yes, I have used 3 different and new controllers. I couldn't find anything in settings, nor do any of the controllers have problems in other games. They are fully functional outside of this one bug.

  • Whoa, honestly just thought my L2 was giving out... sometimes thathappens to me too, and i have three diff controllers. I hope it's a bug